[Flashback] The First Coming

The gates of O'Khasis opened as we approached, O'Khasian guards moving to walk along side our horses. My parents' head guard, Citrine, began conversing with some, walking beside them as we grew closer to the home of the Ro'Meaves. Guards stood on all sides of the horse I was currently mounted upon, one occasionally checking on my well-being every so often.

Villagers cleared the roads as we passed, standing to the side and bowing as we made our way past them. Many of them would stand afterwards, smiling once I waved back at them or weirdly swooning into a daze at my sight. It was different, if that's even the word for it. Then my horse and all of the guards stopped, confusing me greatly until they too cleared the way to reveal us at the home gates.

The Ro'Meaves stood waiting, Garroth coming to aid me off of the horse saddle and leading me back to his family. However, instead of following immediate protocol, I was tackled into a hug by both a giggling Zianna and Vylad, the latter dragging me into their home as she excitedly rambled about whatever.

I turn behind me with a small smile, waving at the Ro'Meave trio as I was dragged away. Zane scoffed, crossing his arms while Garroth smiled back and Vylad excitedly waved. My smile softened as I turned back forward, finally listening to Zianna's excitement.
~~~~~~~~~~

"It's much unfortunate that your parents suffered such a cruel fate..." Zianna murmurs, bringing the cup to her lips to take a sip of it's contents. She placed it back against it's coaster, opening her eyes to reveal soft and twinkling lime green irises "But Irene has something planned for them in another life" She glances towards me, a hand reaching over to lightly pat my cheek as she gives me one of her encouraging smiles "I know you'll do fine with the family business"

"You make it seem as though I'm a mafia boss in the making" I giggle, placing my hand over hers. She laughs along with me, patting my cheek again as she stands "Thank you for being with me through this"

She nods, helping me to my feet as she stands. She shuffles to the door and opens it, smiling in my direction "The boys and I will always be there for you, honey"
~~~~~~~~

My things were being brought to my room, allowing me to explore my new estate. Much exploring wasn't needed, though, seeing as I practically spent a lot of my childhood within these walls with the boys.

My feet lead me from Zianna's quarters to Zane's, my hands pushing his door open before I could possibly hope to stop them. He was reading something at his desk, unbothered by my sudden intrusion "Busy" was the simple grunt I received as I moved further into the room.

But I didn't care.

"Nice bed" I landed flat against the bed, feet slightly bouncing, as I loudly sigh. I cross my ankles, turning to my side to face him, an obviously annoyed look on his face. I wiggle my eyebrows teasingly "You should help me wreck it"

"Yeah, no" And then I was out on my butt, door slammed against my back. I groaned out, slamming my head back against the door "Hope that hurt"

"Asshole..." I mutter as I get back to my feet, rubbing the back of my head to soothe the pain. I continue my lonely descent down the hall, sighing as I get further away from my room.

Originally, my engagement was meant to be set with Garroth. I personally was okay with it due to how close I had been with the oldest Ro'meave, but then plans were switched once issues began brewing with Scaleswind. Our parents, unfortunately, decided that Zane would be the next best thing to ensure our village alliance would remain due to our close age. Things have been a little hard with Zane's sudden language barrier, Edgy™.

A hand grabs my arm and knocks me from any further thought. I stared down at it before it began dragging me inside the room it originated from, causing me to yelp out in surprise. At the end of the hand was the youngest Ro'meave, Vylad, happily smiling as he rambled about wanting to show me something. I smiled, allowing him to continue dragging me as he brings me to a chest filled with all sorts of knicks and knacks. He pulls out a nice necklace, holding up to me with a small, gentle smile.

"Pay Zane no attention, he's always salty" The comment makes me giggle as I take the jewelry, staring at the three small gems along it: blue, green, and black "I put me and my brothers' favorite colors on it, y'know, so we're always with you..."

The thought behind it seems to make my heart flutter as I quickly move to put the necklace around my neck. Vylad helps me, of course, latching and tying it properly in the back. I turn back to him, smiling as I grab his hand and drag him out "How about you show me around the village?"

And our love escapades seemed to start from there...

A/n: Oof, I'm not feeling this one, but oh well. I'm waiting for someone to notice a subtle-but-not-so-subtle change between the reader and her past counterpart, but until then I'm going to dangle this over your heads until I'm ready to reveal it! I felt like I would've dragged this on if I continued writer's block decided to immediately strike me down halfway through this thing. I at least attempted getting it to 1000+ words though, so that's something. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! MCI Out, Peace 😜