[Flashback] The Woman and Her Baby

Small cries sound as a hooded woman attempted to place a small basket tight on her horse's saddle. After placing in the last knot, she smiles in triumph and begins getting on her horse, approaching footsteps and hooves immediately catching her attention. She swears under her breath, quickly jumping on her horse. The mustang goes as soon as she's on, going as fast as he can take her.

The small child cries more as they continue to ride, the mother trying her best to soothe the baby and get more distance between her and her pursuers. Her hood falls as the wind seems to pick up, her medium locks of (h/c) hair flowing alongside it.

Time couldn't move faster for her, her teeth gritting as it seemed the town gates were an eternity away. It didn't help that Shadow Knights and Shadow Souls all followed close, too close behind her. Some called out to her while others blindly followed behind her "Miracle, it's better to follow orders!"

"Over my dead body!" She shouts back with much ferocity. She regretted being alone in such a situation, and she couldn't throw the baby even if it was an option. An idea soon comes to her, leading to her taking a detour for a better shelter for the moment. Either O'Khasis or Hyria's place would have to do for now. "Yeesh, I didn't suffer that hell of a childbirth for this!"
~~~~~~

The shield of night just barely helps her swerve through the trees enough to get away from the netherans, hooves pounding the silent streets of O'Khasis as she approaches the Lord's home. She anxiously bangs on the door, surveying the area until the door opens to a tired Zianna and Garte.

"Miracle?-"

"I need to hide for awhile..." She holds up the basket, glancing behind her occasionally. Zianna glances towards Garte with seemingly pleading eyes, Garte sighing as he moves to let her in.
~~~~~~

She takes the small being out of her basket, smiling down at her as she holds her closer, bright (e/c) eyes staring around curiously. She rocks her, humming to soothe the small child into slumber, "Yes Garroth?"

The small child shuffled into the room, carefully carrying a small glass of water. He meekly places it on a small drawer, curiously moving to get a small look at the baby. Miracle allows him, peeking to the door to notice a smiling and pregnant Zianna carrying another small boy.

"How wong are chu stawing?" The small child asks, looking up at her. Miracle sighs, ruffling his blonde hair as she shrugs. He tilts his head, big blue eyes staring up in confusion. This confusion only seemed to worsen once his mother came and scooped him away.

"That's enough, GarGar"

"But mommy" Miracle giggles at the display, turning back to her own baby. The door shuts softly behind them, leaving her to her own devices.

The child softly snores in her snug little cloths. Her mother sighs, upset she couldn't wrap her child in better material, but glad she managed to cover her at all in the excitement. She carefully places the child in a craddle provided by the Ro'Meaves, laying herself in her own temporary bed.
~~~~~~~~

She packs up as many supplies as she can carry. Baby bottles, food, formula, healing potions, all the works to help her get through the forest just enough. She secures all the ties before ensuring her baby is nicely and safely placed, turning back to Zianna.

"Are you sure it's enough? You can stay longer if you need-" Miracle cuts her off with a swift hug before jumping onto her brown mustang. Zianna sighs, giving a small wave as she began preparing herself to take off.

"Sorry I won't be able to meet little Vylad anytime soon" she jokingly apologizes, taking off into the woods to head for Hyria's place.

The ride wasn't as complicated as one would believe if they'd been a simple traveller. As long as you knew the specific paths, you should be fine per say. Then again, Hyria did like to switch up the directions from time to time, though, so they did complicate things if she didn't bother telling anyone. The reassurance was much appreciated once her tower came into view, allowing Miracle to stop holding her breath.

"Guess we'll be stuck here for awhile, huh (Y/n)?" She mumbles to her child, removing her basket from the saddle

"Hm, (Y/n) has a nice ring to it..."

A/n: Whew, someone be proud of me! Oof, this chapter. Writing it alone was a big oof so... Eh. Anyway, hope you enjoy! MCI Out, Peace 😜