[Flashback] Chicken Feathers and Strange Kids

Meteli was never a joy to travel to for Miracle. Their political landscape was always a mess every few years and the layout of the village was a nightmare during the hell that was their elections when lordship got complicated. Unfortunately, she was required to make the trek when she was younger to ensure that their loyalty to Carsistle remained in tact, especially during political hell. Luckily, she wasn't in town for political matters, but instead for a little delivery of a lost kitten she found.

She was positive Urla would love to have another edition to her growing island of meowing fur babies. She's not one to just turn away a stray, even if the stray was randomly found in the forest on a cliff on the outskirts of Meteli...
Okay, so maybe the kitten was found along the way to Meteli, but she needed an excuse beyond visiting for what she was actually looking for. If that meant going to the Crazy Cat Lady's island, then so be it.

What she really wanted to go to Meteli for was to search for a book in the village's library. Something on childbirth and Shadow Knights and having a strange attraction to relics that belong to divine warriors while pregnant. Y'know, the basics.

Deep down, Miracle had an idea why Soteria's relic felt warmer than it usually had before, but she was kind of hoping that maybe it wasn't because she's a Shadow Knight. Hell, she didn't even intend to get this far into the process of transitioning, but The Shadow Lord was a very determined bastard and sped the process along a lot faster than she had intended.

She knew she could always go to Hyria about it, ask her all of her burning questions about how this would effect her and the baby currently developing inside of her, but Hyria wasn't exactly fond of Miracle's plan to get more information on the Divine Warriors through The Shadow Lord. Of course, she knew it was probable she may have to eventually cave and receive Hyria's advice, but she could push it off for as long as she feels necessary.

The soft mews of the small creature strapped to her side were both endearing and slowly inching towards a tad bit annoying. She was glad that she was along the outskirts of town, Meteli's sign within close view.

Seriously, why is their welcome sign so disgustingly basic? Miracle could only roll her eyes as she got closer, tying her horse up once she got to the outskirts of town. Her choice was to either board her makeshift boat in her inventory and make the quick trip to Cat Island or take a very noisy kitten into Meteli's library. Cat pee or be ostracized for destroying the library's peace and quiet?

She groans, setting her makeshift boat onto the water and hopping inside of it. The quicker she makes it to that insane lady's island, the quicker she can drop the cute, loud kitten off and be on her way. Or, she would if her boat didn't decide to disintegrate upon sailing off.

"Greaaaaat. I'm soaked," She mumbles to herself as she gets back on land, taking a glance at her temporary companion to see that it also was drenched. And angry.

She takes a very long and very deep inhale through her nose.

"Let's go dry off, yeah?"

"Mew!"

"Yeahhh"
~~~~~

Miracle's lucky that Joh believes in ghosts or things would be a little harder to explain.

"You go missing and then appear out of nowhere with a kitten and eyes redder than crimson? I wouldn't be too fond of going back home either," Okay, maybe Joh was just too good at reading people, "Next you're going to tell me you're pregnant? Oh my Irene, that'd be a bit much for a rebellious phase"

"Hahaha don't say that or you'll jinx me," Miracle plays off, pulling the towel away from the now very spoofy kitten. The kitten paws at the now very drenched towel in Miracle's tanned fingers, rolling on its back in an attempt to reach. Miracle pulls it away to set in a hamper, "I do appreciate you helping me out, though. I do need to get to Urla's island to drop this lil babey off and then scour your village's library"