The New Lord...

"G-Geez... This place is in shambles..." It was comforting, in some way that I still didn't understand, to know that I had been within the village gate limits, but that was soon wiped away once the sight of the village and it's condition finally hit. The once lively and festive town now felt empty and hollow, not many townsmen on the streets like there'd been 15 years ago. It almost felt as vacant as it was when Aphmau and I first arrived all that time ago. Then again, my ass was shivering off at some weird feeling from within.....

Speaking of Aphmau! She was standing a little ahead of me, just exiting out of the old Lord's cabin. Well, that's what it used to be way back when. Aphmau was mumbling to herself, not really paying attention to her surroundings, giving me the perfect opportunity to scare her shitless.

Using all that training from so long ago, I silently walked up beside her, drawing as little attention as I could, and waited for her to move. She still hadn't noticed me, somehow, falling right into the small set up she was in. Just as she turned around, we were face to face, causing her to jump a bit from where she had been standing.

"ACK!" The loud noise she made created the result of my laughter, lightly patting her head when she finally calmed down.

"Hey, Aph! How's it going?" She frowned at my way too perky question, punching my arm lightly.

"I should be asking you that! We were worried about you! Are you okay? How's your head feeling? Do you need to lay down some mo-" Aphmau was all over me, trying to inspect me to the best of her abilities. I laughed and lightly pushed her off, stopping her from worriedly rambling on my predicament.

"I'm fine, Aphmau! Just trying to take everything in" She only sighed, smiling along with me soon after. She starts walking, mumbling things here and there, some things less audible than others.

"I promised to visit everyone by night fall-" She started, slightly nervous.

"Then that's the plan!" I exclaim, scaring Aphmau out of her thoughts. The slightly smaller girl had jumped a bit, leading me to laugh. She glared in my direction, still upset over the predicament. That was later emphasized by the small fist that collided with my shoulder.

"Are you okay, though? Does anything hurt?" Aphmau worriedly asked, poking and prodding at every piece of my available flesh she could. It tickled, like the old fabrics merchants would sell in my parents old village. My giggles made it apparent to the smaller girl, her reaction of huffing giving away how she felt about it.

"I-I'm fine! I promise! Stop asking" I manage to breath out, lightly patting her head. Aphmau's small inspections stopped then and there, her mind changing back to her original thought prior to my interruption.

As we walked forward, we came across a small cozy cottage, one seeming to house a living family. It sorta was one of the few places not completely demolished into rubble, so someone had to live there! It's common fucking knowledge in future dystopias like this! They had to be somewhat intact and this just so happened to be fully intact. Obvious clues of survivor living quarters is obvious! (Stop breaking my fucking fourth wall!) No.

Aphmau casually opened the door, not bothering to knock, may I add, and made her obvious break-in known. She really has no manners in these situations! She could walk in on someone taking a damn shower or fucking another person or murdering someone! I'm pretty sure she startled the half meif'wa girl with baby blue hair half to dea- Wait, the fuck up....

"Oh, hi! I'm sorry" Aphmau stated, running up to the tiny halfa before us. I pulled her back quickly, though, giving her the 'It might have rabies' look. Aphmau shrugged it off, marching right back up to her. Damn this woman and her optimism!