It can't be...

"I-" I tried to explain.

"WHY DON'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS?" he yelled thrashing the sheet of paper about in front of my face.

"We-"

"WELL? ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?!" For fucks sake, does this guy have to keep cutting me off.

"WELL I WOULD IF YOU LET ME SPEAK!" I yelled fed up of being cut of every time I tried to explain. He seemed surprised by sudden outburst but it was the only way which succeeded in shutting him up.

"I needed a roommate, it was my only choice" I announced.

"Pft what bullshit" he scoffed.

"It was the truth" I pleaded for him to believe me.

"It was no your only choice" he stated "you could have gone to your family. You could have come to me for gods sake. I thought we told each other everything". He seemed hurt and that was the last thing I wanted to do to him.

I stepped forward grabbing his shoulders, forcing him to look at me.

"I'm twenty five I have to do things myself. I can't come running to you for money and help every time I need it" I defended.

"I'm your best friend, that's what I'm here for." he said his soft voice melting my heart as he stared into my eyes. I hated the fact that he thinks I betrayed him.

"Exactly Jake, my best friend not my bank. I love my house too much to leave it and you love your apartment; I don't want to be the cause of you moving out. This is for the best and whats the worst that could happen eh?" I sighed running a hand through my hair.

"Well I don't know, you could get a serial killer or rapist as a roommate" he said his snarky, sarcastic tone returning once again.

"That's highly unlikely and either way, I have you to protect me" I stated, a smile creeping onto my face.

"Argh come here" he said puling me into a love filled hug " I just don't want you to get hurt Tan" he explained.

"I won't okay, if worst comes to worse than I might have to move out but that is only if there is no other way out of this. I would rather have a roommate than sell the house" I told him.

"Okay" he sighed as we both pulled back from the hug.

"Well I better get baking some brownies, shop opens in 20 minutes " I said as I headed to the kitchen.

"Okay, I'll start unpacking boxes then" he announced.

I was just putting the brownies in the oven when Sarah one of my family's friends walked into the kitchen.

"Hey" I greeted as I straightened up and brushed doen my apron.

"Hiya love, you alright?" she asked as she kissed me on the cheek,

"Yeah I'm good thanks you?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, where do yo want me working today?" she asked as she tied up her apron.

"Err.. can you waitress for me please?"

"Yeah sure darling. It's 9 O'clock do you want me to open up?" she offered.

"Could you? That would be great" I stated knowing that that means I can carry on baking.

"See ya later" she said as she walked out of the kitchen.

Sarah's a lovely woman. She is blonde and believe me she has her blonde moments. She is hilarious, caring and really lightens the atmosphere.

~Later...