Living the dream

Tanya's outfit is at the top. Remember please vote and comment.

  Another day, but today's different. The countdown is over and it's finally here. I'm living the dream. This was a really special occasion, I mean it must be since I have woken up at 7 on a Saturday. I mean sympathy guys, show me the sympathy.

   I jumped in the shower because I have got to be looking and smelling my very best. Once I was out, I brushed my teeth and I dried my hair, which I will style once I have got dressed.

  Now, the big question. What am I going to wear? Today is gonna be so stressful, but so exhilarating and I need to wear something nice because it's my special day, but something which I can run around in. Argh, decisions, decisions. If only I lived with someone, I could get some advice. In the end, I decided on a floral pencil skirt with a black vest top and a white cover top tucked in it. Not bad, even if I do say so myself.

  Once I was dressed, I put on some foundation and added some glittery silver eye shadow onto my eyelids. Once I had applied black eyeliner under my eye and some mascara, I braided my hair into a bun on the back of my head.

    I wanted to get there around 8 and it was now 7:50 so no time for breakfast. I grabbed a cereal bar and packed all the goodies for the bakery in my car.

"Come on Tanya, you can do this. You have been waiting for this all your life" I gave myself a pep talk as I looked in the mirror and applied some clear lipgloss. Then I put my keys in the ignition and off I went, to my new start in life. Hopefully.

    As I pulled up behind the shop, I could tell I was the first one there. No surprise really, considering it was my life this bakery will have the biggest effect on.

    I unlocked my bakery and took my first proper step into my future. God, it feels so unreal, I can't believe this is happening. Any moment now, I'm expecting to be woken up from a dream.

I started to arrange the bakery but lucky the shutters were still down so nobody could see aything yet. In the window counter, I put some brownies, my cheese and chive bread and some peanut butter cookies with some other things and in the rest of the counter was my granola bars and Victoria sponge cake. I then sliced up my banana bread and put it on the middle shelf of one of the cake stands. I filled all the other spaces with everything else.

    As I was in the middle of putting the banana bread on display, my mum arrived with some more goodies she had baked for me.
"Hiya darling. Wow it's looking good so far, I have left the cakes on the counter in the kitchen. Is there anything you want me to do?" Mum rushed as she entered the room.

"Woah mum, one at a time." I said taken aback by her sudden outburst and chain of questions.

"I know, I know, it's just I'm so proud of my little baby. Believing was one thing but seeing it in reality is a whole other level." She said placing both her hands on my shoulders and looking deep into my eyes.

"Awww mum, stop before you make me cry. I don't want to look like a panda on my special moment now do I?" I giggled as I felt water prickling my eyes.

"Sorry baby" she said sincerely, but I could sense her stifling back her laughter, "I'm pretty sure you could pull off the panda look though. But I'm being serious and do you want me to do anything?" She said.

"Right, if you finish putting these on the stand, then I will sort out where to put everything else." I told her as I ran through the plan in my head. "Then, will will be up and raring to go." I couldn't help the huge smile that spread upon my face as I said those magical words.

  It was now 9:59. Ten o'clock is the time the bakery is opening. Everyone is here now, my family, friends and many more, and we are standing outside the bakery where I'm about to cut the ribbon. My heart is pounding, my hands sweating and my face can't stop smiling.

"Okay guys, let the countdown begin!" I yell as everyone starts counting down from ten.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3"  everyone was shouting.

OMG is this actually happening!! Eeee.

"2...1...0" I cut the ribbon watching it gracefully fall to the floor as chaos erupted around me with everyone cheering. I blanked them out and just focused on what I had done. It's over, the wait is over.

Now it's time to start selling. I stepped into my bakery as everyone followed me. My sister was working in the tearoom, my best friends (Billy and Jake) and my nan were at the tills, my mum, dad and grandad were out attracting customers and i was helping everywhere and walking round chatting to the customers. It has been quite a good turn out, even some of my old teachers had tuned up. Now this, this is what you live for.

Happiness, success and love.

"Congratulations Tanya, I knew you could do it" my older tutor said as I walked up to her.

"Thank you but I couldn't have done it without your support and encouragement through the two years you were tutoring me." I said giving her a hug. I haven't seen her since she left our school when I was 14 and I have really missed her, she was like a school mum to me.

"Ah nonsense, you worked really well and was always hoping and believing in your future which is what helped you get to where you are right now. I'm so proud of you." she said as a proud smile took over her face.

"Aww thanks miss, you're going to make me cry" I chuckled.

"Well that's payback for when you gave me my leaving card and didn't give me a mascara warning" she laughed. We stayed there chatting and catching up from the last twelve years and after a while she introduced me to someone new.

"Now, since I left, my husband and I have introduced two new editions to our family" she told me as she motioned for a little girl and a little boy to come over. "This is Rosie and Timmy our little twins. They're 3 years old" I smiled as she introduce them. They were adorable, hiding behind their mother's legs.

"Guys, this is Tanya, the girl I have told you about" she whispered to them.

I crouched down so I was nearer their height and gave them a smile. "Hello guys, I'm Tanya an old friend of your mummy's" I told them. Rosie gave me a little smile and walked over to give me a hug and was soon followed by Timmy. I picked them up one in each arm and spoke to them. "Did you know that you two and probably the cutest 3 year olds I have ever seen?" I told them as they giggled.

"Awww, they're so cute" I told their mother.

"Haha thank you Tanya, although they can be little troublemakers sometimes but what can you expect?" she smiled. I could tell she was living a happy life.

That makes me feel so depressed. I love kids and I really want some. I just have to find the right man first...

Haha, did the 'no time for breakfast' part remind anyone else of the Weetabix advert? I was trying hard no too laugh when I wrote that.

Thanks for reading and please press the star and comment.

Han X