15: Everyone

The group of five sat in happy silence, until suddenly the deceased Ridhel began to change. They bulged and bubbled and turned into humans. All of the people caught in the ship's prison cells filed out and it seemed as though society had rebuilt itself, everyone was there. Running up to the returned citizens of Canada, the four girls recognised their whole class from grade school. They ran up to friends with whom they had parted ways  like they had never been away from each other.

"Tamara!" They were all excitedly chattering. They saw everyone, from Sonali and Ella to Anika and Maggie to Markus and Brahm, the whole class from ten years ago was there. Eric stood awkwardly to the side. The group of old friends migrated between groups, introducing their families and friends. Eric fit right into the group and soon it seemed like he knew each and every one of his wife's old classmates. 

"I'm a scientist."

"I'm the mayor!"

"I'm the president of the united states! Just kidding."

Everyone told each other what they were doing and they had a great reunion.

Suddenly a lonely straggler of the Ridhel army burst through their group.

"This one was created without a human, it's solid alien, it won't transform," Dylan whispered to Jenna. The last soldier whipped around and shot at Dylan. Jenna dove to protect her and got a bullet straight in the back. Eric shot his alien weapon and the last Ridhel fell. 

Eric ran to Jenna's side, she was slowly drifting towards unconsciousness. He shook his head, despite being a professional doctor, he couldn't save her. A tear streaked down one cheek. Jenna smiled and layed down her head. It was midnight.

"Goodbye everyone." She then felt the future slip away.