2: future

Jenna awoke in a large comfortable bed. She sat up and yawned, rubbed her eyes, then noticed that there was a suitcase at the end of the bed; it had a note on it. Jenna grabbed the note, got out of the bed and went to look in a mirror. She gawked at her reflection; she looked about in her twenties. She was older than she had expected, and much prettier. She looked like a model, her blond hair flowing gracefully down her back, blue eyes shining and flawless skin soft like a peach. She stared, entranced until she remembered the note in her hand. The note read:

Dear Jenna,

I'm sorry I left you in the house but you were sleeping so peacefully. I've gone down to the cellar with all the supplies but your suitcase, your coffee and your breakfast. You can eat your breakfast and then come down with your suitcase. I also left the keys next to your plate. Hope you come soon.

Love, Eric.

She dragged the suitcase into the kitchen and found the breakfast and coffee there. She ate her breakfast and, tried to drink the coffee, but gagged and poured it down the sink. She then grabbed the keys and rolled her suitcase out to the cellar, unlocked the door and dragged it in. It appeared the cellar had been decorated to look like a house, including couches, a hallway, different rooms even chandeliers, a kitchen and a TV. Jenna could tell it was meant for a very long stay.

She walked to the couches to sit when she noticed a very muscular and handsome man. He had dark hair and bright blue eyes. He's gorgeous! She thought. She guessed he was Eric, and decided he was probably her future husband, that would also explain the fancy ring on her left finger.

"Hey," she greeted.

"Oh, you're here! Good morning honey."

"'Morning."

"I have all of our things set up, except your suitcase of course."

"Thank you."

"Our room is the one at the end of the hall.

Jenna nodded and headed down the hall to the bedroom. Upon opening the door, she saw what she thought to be the most beautiful room ever. It was modern and stylish, with just a touch of old school.

Curious, Jenna went looking around the room. She found a wallet and looked inside. It was hers, so she took the id and read it. She was 22, whatever was happening was in 10 years.

"Jenna, they're attacking city hall!"

She ran out to the living room, excited and afraid to find out what was going on. She looked at the TV and saw huge strange aircrafts with iron canons on the sides attacking a huge building. A strange creature came out with what appeared like a gun, until the picture zoomed in on it and she could tell it was more of a potato launcher that shot out lazers.

The creature was changing colors like a chameleon, it had two sets of legs and three sets of arms, it was covered in scales and had a long tail dragging behind it. Its face was similar to that of a dog, but always grimacing, and of course, scaly. The whole ensemble of the creature was frightening, finished off with very long, razor sharp teeth and claws. Jenna's eyes were as big as the moon.

Aliens were nothing like a child's drawing.