Chapter 1: Eternity

"Jason, lets bring her to the Argo, you need to rest," said Hazel gently, but allowing no argument. Jason's face was marred by rivers of mud and tears, but his eyes, usually so electric, were hollow. Just as Hazel thought she would have to repeat her request, he stood. Cradling Piper's crumpled body, he slowly made his way to the ruined Argo II.

Leo had been near tears when it had been knocked out of the sky. An angry pine tree god, who reminded Percy of Thalia, had struck the ship, permanently grounding it. Luckily, it was fully functional as a wartime command center and now, sickbay.

After asserting that Jason was mentally stable (by demigod definition, anyway), Hazel returned to the strange-looking group of grieving demigods and gods.

"The army is gone, but what about Gaea?" asked Annabeth, still weeping silently. She had been Piper's first and closest friend at camp. She was comforted only by Percy's arm around her waist.

The Olympians that hadn't been incapacitated during the battle, all looked at Zeus, who turned to Athena.

Somehow she managed to act calm, even though her torn battle armor and stormy grey eyes said other wise. Athena took a deep breath and said, "My spies report that as Porphyrion was destroyed, Gaea lost all of her power and sank back into the Earth, completely asleep. With the Doors of Death closed, and the giants defeated, Gaea shouldn't bother us for another millennia, at least."

All of the heroes, and the gods for that matter, sighed in relief. It seemed like too simple of an answer after all of their strife, but they were far beyond caring.

Annabeth, who was still obviously bothered by something, scowled and asked, "If she is defeated, why, Queen Hera, did you say it was 'almost' over?"

The demigods blinked and looked at the Queen of the Gods warily.

"Your job is finished heroes, but we," she gestured to the Olympians, "have a fight to break up between our children."

The demigods looked stricken, having completely forgotten about the war between their camps.

"Have they started fighting yet?" Leo, wincing slightly, asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

"No, but if we lolly-gag here any longer, there may be casualties," Ares stated, trying to sound unbothered, but everyone could tell he was worried.

The King of the Gods thundered, "We shall see you on Olympus, heroes."

The demigods shielded their eyes as they gods showed their true forms, and seconds later, the Seven, including Piper, were whisked away to Mount Olympus, New York.

*******notsurehowtopagebreak**************

Both the Roman and Greek camps showed up on Mount Olympus in the following days to watch the shimmering pink shroud, embroidered with eagle feathers, go up in flames. Tears we seen on everyone's faces. Even the Romans, who didn't know Piper, understood the sacrifice she made, and how much their Praetor loved her.

Her funeral was a sorrowful affair. All of the Six, except Jason, gave short, beautiful speeches about the Beauty Queen. Jason was too distraught to speak, and instead watched the fire burn her shroud and turn to ashes.

The gods had sorted out the misunderstanding between the camps, and they had made their peace. Let me tell you, Octavian was not happy. But he was threatened by Mars many, many times.

Now it was time for the six Heroes of Olympus to be rewarded.

As soon as they entered the throne room, all six ran to their respective parents and got a well-deserved hug. Hazel, Leo, and Frank looked dumbstruck by the vast grandeur of the room. Percy and Annabeth looked smug, and they couldn't wait to show them the rest of Annabeth's newly designed Olympus.

Their eyes were moist from the service for Piper, but they were happy, too. It was finally over.

"Demigods!" Zeus boomed. "It is undeniable that you have completed an amazing feat. I hate to admit it, but you have saved Olympus! Both of them!"

And for once, and to the demigods's surprise, Zeus looked like he actually didn't hate to admit it at all. He looked genuinely pleased by what they had done. Their jaws dropped, but they didn't want Zeus to change his mind, so they held their tongues.

"We will grant each of you a wish," said Hera, smiling grimly, especially at her grieving champion, Jason.

"And this time we heavily recommend choosing immortality," said Lady Athena, looking directly at Percy, who turned pink.

"Can we talk this over as a group?" asked Percy nervously. The gods nodded their consent, though some with raised eyebrows, eager for the son of Poseidon's next move.

The half-bloods gathered in a huddle.

"Percy," Leo whispered loudly, "we should really take immortality. I mean, I know there are downsides, but it would be soooo coooool!"

"And useful," added Frank.

"Erm, sure. That too," said Leo, his carefree spirit still intact after the war.

"Actually guys, I'm all for it," said Percy, astounding everyone.

"But, what about you reasons before!? Watching everyone around you die, never aging past 17, all of that?" exclaimed Annabeth.

"You guys would be with me forever, and-and we could protect people," said Percy, like the second part was hard to get out.

"I want to protect people, too. No one should go through what Piper did," said Jason shakily, pretty much his first words since her death. All of the Seven (well...Six) nodded as they thought about what they wanted to do as gods and goddesses.

"I'll find the island again," mutter Leo, too quite for anyone to hear.

"Is everyone in agreement then?" asked Annabeth.

Six mutters of 'yes' were heard.

They turned to face the gods.

"We wish for immortality."

****************
Author's note:
Thank you so much to my first reviewer!!! I hope you like this new chapter :)
I promise there will be Avengers in this story, I just want to set it up first. The Avengers are coming in chapter 3.
**
Ok, so I have the next chapter ready, but every time I read it I find mistakes or things I want to change!! If you want me to post soon, please comment and/or vote. Please??? :D