16. - It's Time For Something Real

Start from the beginning

We talked a bit about our dogs and I took a look at my watch. Time for the dinner I thought and heard Kim’s stomach yelling for food. I chuckled and she blushed.

“Hey, I haven’t eaten since breakfast. I’m fuckin’ starving,” she said and I chuckled even more.

Actually it took the waiter thirty more minutes until he brought the food. There your tips went, asshole, I thought. And as it wasn’t enough the food was cold. But the woman was so hungry she didn’t thought about letting the food go and ate it cold.

“What about goin’ to the movies?” I asked when we had finished. “It’s still pretty early.”

“Sure, but I’ll get the movie,” she said with a grin on her face. I shrugged with my shoulders and headed towards the bar to pay. I didn’t give any tip for the guy who stared at my girl like she was some fresh meat. I went back to our table and asked if she was ready to go.

She saw the waiter looking in our direction and took my hand as we left the restaurant. Before I stepped through the door I looked back with a big grin on my face. Saw that, loser?

I drove down to the cinema and when she saw the poster she decided that we would watch ‘Bad Teacher’. It would be all the same so I just paid the tickets and when we stood at the food bar and I took out my wallet she looked confused. “I’m goin’ to pay it. You already paid the food and the tickets.”

“No, it’s okay. I asked you out and I’ll pay.” No way she was going to pay on a date with me. I may not be a real gentleman all the time, but when I ask a girl out I’ll make sure she feels comfortable and my mother raised me that a guy had to pay.

Her eyebrow was still raised but she didn’t say anything and took the tacos and the drink and headed for the right cinema hall. We sat down in the last row and she ate like she hadn’t eaten something in a week.

“Save one for me,” I said and grabbed for a taco and sopped it into the cheese sauce.

“Hey, get your own,” she said playfully and I quickly put the potato chip in my mouth. “Thanks for the sauce on my shirt,” I heard her say and as the light wasn’t out I couldn’t see I had hit her blouse. FUCK! “I take it,” I said with a light smile on my lips and as she laughed I hoped she wasn’t mad at me.

“Save it for later,” she said and I was glad the light went out so she couldn’t see the big grin on my face. My mental cinema was getting crazy. I had to focus on the screen. It was crowded in here and then a real tall man came and took the place right in front of me. Why did I have to be the one who is so small? Really I’m the only one in my family who’s less than 5’ 7’’.

This movie was so stupid! It was so unfunny and I started to get bored. I wished we had picked a horror movie. I love them and I knew Kim wasn’t really into them. But that shouldn’t be a problem the last time we found something to entertain us. As I remembered the night my pants were getting tight. God damn, I have to get laid sometime soon! My thoughts were dominated by sex.

“Oh come on, it isn’t so bad,” she said after a while. “See, she almost jumps there naked,” she said and pointed at the screen where Cameron Diaz washed the cars in a dirty way. I hadn’t even noticed it.

“If you did it I would be more impressed,” I said and almost slapped my face. I haven’t had said that out loud, had I?

“If you wash my car in boxers it’s a deal,” she said and held out her hand.

“Deal,” I said and accepted. Maybe there would be more than that for me, I thought and actually watched the movie with more interest.

Actually there wasn’t more for me and after the movies I just didn’t want her to get home. I saw a little ice cream parlor which had open. “Ice cream?” I asked. I knew she wouldn’t refuse it. We headed to the little shop and left it with an ice cream corn in our hands.