16. - It's Time For Something Real

Start from the beginning

“Forgot my keys, again,” she said and jumped from her car.

“Why didn’t you wait inside?” I asked and opened the door and entered the house where the cool air greeted me. I took her keys from the commode and handed it her.

“You know, I don’t like to enter a house without someone knowing.”

“But I told you, it’s okay.” She wasn’t used to the fact, that nobody locked his house.

“So what ‘bout eating something, tonight?”

“Sure I can come over and we order some pizza,” she said. That wasn’t exactly what I meant.

“I thought we could go out, visit a restaurant, something like that,” I suggested.

“Sounds good. You’ll drive. Pick me up at six?” I nodded and she left again. I stood in my doorway till I heard her car driving away.

 I played my bass, took a walk with my dog and went showering. I ended in front of my closet and didn’t know what to wear. Actually I picked some jeans and a black chemise which covered most of my tattoos.

 “Wish me luck, buddy,” I said and patted my dog before getting into my car. I knocked at Kim’s door, knowing she didn’t like it, when someone entered it without her permission.

“Wait a moment,” I heard her say and then the door opened. She had made a lose ponytail and was wearing a long white blouse with some black leggings and some boots. “I’m ready,” she said and I just nodded.

“So why are we eating outside?” she asked while she locked her door and walked downstairs. I shrugged my shoulders.

“Thought it was something different,” were my simply words and I started the engine after she had put her seatbelt on. “Is Italian okay for you?”

“That would be perfect,” she answered and I smiled like an idiot. She had said perfect and I hope this evening would turn out that way!

I had picked the restaurant near the beach and it turned out to be a bad idea. Why? Because the whole town decided to go out today and the only free table was near the toilets. I sat on the opposite from her and I wished she had closed more buttons because I had a wonderful sight right into her décolleté. Not that I didn’t mind, but actually… fuck! I just wanted to talk to her and the only thing I could think of right now was to jump over the table and hump her right here.

“What?” I asked as I noticed her staring at me.

“I asked if it’s okay if I drink some wine since you’re the driver.”

“Sure, take whatever you want. I invited you,” I said and looked right into her blue eyes and then her mouth took my attention. Her lip ring sparkled when the light hit it and it would take two seconds for me to hurdle the distance and connect our lips. But this would bring me to the point I had already mentioned.

We ordered and I didn’t like the way the waiter was staring at Kim. I mean she was there with me and he looked at her like he would ask her if he could show her the stock. I throw daggers at him and the next time he came and filled her glass with the red liquor she grabbed my hand and thanked him. His gaze was fixed at our connected hands and then he went away. As soon as he was out of sight she let go of me and I groaned silently.

“So, how is Nap doing?” I asked because it was the first thing which came to my mind.

“Same as yesterday. This lazy thing sleeps most time of the day. I tried to take him jogging, but after five minutes he just stood there and looked at me with his puppy eyes until I had picked him up and carried him,” she said but she looked happy. She really loved this dog and I was glad she wasn’t alone at home – even if it was just a dog. I would prefer it was me she was staying with but she made her mind clear the day I had bought the house – and the day after, and the day after that…