She felt her heart shatter in a million pieces as doubt started destroying what she had hoped for. How could she have been so foolish to believe that a man as powerful and handsome as Sinbad would give his attention only to her.

She refused to look at the two figures in the garden any longer as her eyes were already hazy from unwanted tears and her heart hurt as it had never been. She sat alone on her bed thinking that this must have been divine punishment for all her actions. She thought about Kougyoku and how she had betrayed her but she could not bring herself to hate the girl.

Instead, she turned all her feelings of hatred to the man who had provided her with false hope. The man who had made her thought that she could afford to fall in love. She loathed him for playing the both of them and god knows who else he had laid his eyes on. As she wept for minutes she could hear footsteps out in the hall. Afraid that her servants had comeback to check on her and see her devastated image, she ran to the door and locked it. She stood there as the other person turned the knobs and waited for them to knock but they did not. She heared the other side's voice but the thick door prevented her from understanding what they had said. She heared faint footsteps walking away and she slumped herself back on her bed drowning herself with self-pity as she cradled the pieces of her broken heart.

●●●

That morning she woke up hearing frantic voices outside her room. She shot up thinking how she had let herself fall asleep locking her servants out. She proceeded to the door unlocking it. Her servants stood surprised as she opened the door. Ja'far also held a shocked expression as he held the keys to the room in his hand.

"Your highness, you've come to." Ja'far said as relief washed over his face. My two servants jumped on me and started bawling in tears.

"Your highness!!!!" Said the other.

"Pwinsheeeeesh!!!" Wailed the other over her snotty face.

Ja'far stood with a confused expression at the sight of the three of us. He gave a warm smile and said, "Princess, Prince Hakuryuu and Princess Kougyoku had left for the Kou empire a few hours ago. The king would like you to know that you could stay here as long as you would desire."

"Umm, has there been any news regarding me?" Koutsuki asked the man. She felt both of her servants stiffened.

"That is...You have been casted as a traitor. The Kou soldiers wanted to take you away in your slumber but Prince Hakuryuu protested and said he would deal with the empress regarding letting you go." Ja'far explained a bit uncomfortably.

"I see. If disobedience to that witch is a crime punishable by death then they should have let the guards take me." Koutsuki mumbled.

"Never! We wouldn't have let them!" One of my servants yelled.

"Over our dead and fabulous bodies, your highness!!!" said the other one which earned a chuckle from Ja'far.

"Prince Hakuryuu said you wouldn't accept it silently so he left another message, 'You're on your own from here on out.' " Ja'far said.

Koutsuki felt a bit more relieved, she wouldn't have handled it if Hakuryuu were to continue putting himself in danger just for her sake.

She thought of where to go, she sure as hell did not want to spend the rest of her life stuck beside a man like Sinbad but she thought of her brother Kouen's letter. She needed a place to stay and Sinbad was offering one to her. She could use him the way he used her until her brother delivers on his words.