Chapter 14, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock

Start from the beginning

‘I am not mysterious and I DID NOT betray my pack; they kicked me out okay’!

‘What did you do’?

‘That is none of your business Charlie’!

‘Okay whatever; your rescue team is nearby’.

Hearing a wolf howl close by, I knew it was Cody and his howl wasn’t exactly happy, and that was an understatement. 

‘Vera Thurmont, you are in so much trouble she-wolf!

So Cody was angry at me; that was just what I needed to add to all this.    

‘Are you going to tell him what that wolf Seth was saying’?

Looking over at Charlie, I shook my fury head; keeping all this down low would probably be better in the long run.

‘I’m not telling Cody anything, I’ll leave him to figure it out on his own’.

Just as I finished my little rant, Cody burst through the trees; his black wolf scanning the area faster than I ever could.  His eyes soon enough landing on me as three wolves came to stand next to him; Gerald and two others I didn’t know.

‘I’m glad you’re okay, Vera’.

Taking a few calm steps forward, I stood there waiting for my punishment as Cody began licking my face, making me roll my eyes; instead of sex with wolves it was licking each other’s faces.

‘You know saying hello generally passes as a decent greeting instead of running your massive tongue over my cheek’.

Cody chuckled, not seeming to care what I thought; ‘I guess but this is more fun’.

Boys, what did you do with them these days?

‘So does that mean I’m forgiven’?

‘No, it means you’re grounded and you’re not allowed out for a run until I say so’.

What!  What was I supposed to do all day; the Xbox would eventually bore me, I would have tor resort to telling lame jokes and that was only if someone was with me.

‘But what will I do all day’!

‘You’ll figure something out, you’re Vera; there’ll always be someone around making sure you don’t leave so harass them or something’.

Chuckling Cody knew me too well and I figured he’d rotate my babysitters just to be a pain in the ass so I wouldn’t challenge anyone of his pack.

Walking around to nudge me in the shoulder, back in the direction of his house; my teeth nipped at his ear as Cody stopped pushing for a minute before almost lunging at me and pushing me a few metres away.

‘You’re been difficult Vera, just walk already’.

Fine, if it was so important I headed back to the big bad Alpha’s house, I would do just that.  Turning now to take off in the right direction; Cody was soon passing me, insisting on the leading the way as his posy followed.

‘Was it really necessary to bring your posy’?

‘Yes!  The amount of rogues that were at that spot only minutes ago tells me you were lucky not to have a chunk ripped out of you again’!

He was going to keep rubbing that in wasn’t he?  Looking around at the other wolves, Charlie had fallen in step with Gerald, which made a shiver run down my spine at the thought of that wolf trying to defend me; as far as I was concerned he wanted my blood.  Cody had insisted he was loyal etc, etc but I didn’t believe that for a second.