Fighting to keep my face neutral, I nod. "Thanks Coach."

The door bangs shut behind him. Making my face impassive, I begin tossing everything in my bag, planning to ignore Mia.

"So that's how you're planning to get on the swim team?" she asks me, her voice icy. "Screwing the Coach?"

I roll my eyes. "I don't need to stoop to that level. I'm good enough on my own."

"Right," she says, nodding. "Because it didn't look like you two were getting cosy with each other or anything."

A clear look of disgust is on her face as she eyes me, her nose turned upwards. No matter what angle she stands, there's no way she could ever look down to me.

"No, it didn't," I say, fighting to keep the anger out of my voice.

"You better not be going to Alice's party tonight," she sneers.

I do plan to go and I have a killer outfit planned.

"Might swing by," I shrug. "Is Hayden going?"

I only asked because I knew it would piss her off.

Rolling her tongue across her teeth, her nostrils flare. "It's sad that you're that pathetic."

"Yeah, I'm the pathetic one," I agreed with a dramatic nod. "See you there!"

With a wave, I exit the locker, laughing quietly to myself.

This is going to be fun.

***

"You are a makeup genius," I gush, staring at Bridget's artwork. "I love you."

She laughs but I know my words mean more to her than she lets on. "Thanks, cuz."

I stare at my reflection. Although I am darker than the actress who plays Harley Quin, you can still tell who I am. I have a wig with pigtails the exact same as hers, my makeup is identical and I have the outfit on point, right down to the bat.

I glance over to Harvey, who sits at my dining table, a grumpy expression on his face. I grin, going over to him.

"You look incredible!"

I didn't think he was going to look as good as he did. Bridget did an awesome job with him. He looks amazing.

"I feel like an idiot," he huffs.

Someone is still cranky that I forced him to come tonight, clearly.

"You look awesome! We look awesome! Come on, get excited!"

He exhales deeply and forces a fake smile onto his face.

I roll my eyes. "Start drinking then, you negative Nelly."

He stares at the alcohol I have scattered across the dining room table skeptically. "I don't drink very often."

"You'll be fine," I wave at him. "Just take it easy."

Frowning at me, he opens a can of Canadian Club, hastily taking a sip. I smile at him encouragingly.

"You guys look wicked," Bridget agreed, nodding at her work. "Let me take a few snaps for my portfolio."

After taking some with her camera, I threw my phone at her. She caught it last minute. I press my side to Harvey's and wrap my arms around him. She takes several photos and I can feel the heat penetrating from his cheeks. He blushes so easily.

Just when he seemed to have calmed down, I reach up on my toes and kiss his cheek, popping my leg up.

"Aw, that's adorable," Bridget gushes. "Facebook profile picture!"