Hinatas troubles: day off

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. If I did sasuhina would be canon 😗

Lil A/N: I'm changing Hinatas clothing back to her original ones until further notice. The others colors I had chose in the beginning for her out fit were just too... dark

Hinatas pov.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm. I turned to my nightstand to turn it off and my eyes landed on our team photo. I smiled slightly. My team. I remembered that I had to meet Naruto-kun and Sasuke for training today on our day off but I really don't mind it if it means getting stronger. Once I was done getting ready I went to join otou-san and Hanabi-chan for breakfast.

"Ohayo o-otou-san, Hanabi-chan" I bowed respectfully then walked over to long short legged table. I sat down on my knees and poured tea for them. My father gave me a curt nod while my sister smiled and me with glistening white orbs.

"Ohayo Hinata-neechan!! Let's train today, just you and me! Teach me how to throw a kunai please!" I smile sadly at her knowing I would have to turn down her offer.

"Gomen imouto b-but I have training w-with my team today." "You never train with me onee-chan!" She huffed and starts eating her omelet. I couldn't help but giggle, she was just so kawaii! I turned to see my father looking at me. I always feel so small and weak under his gaze.

"Hinata, don't think that complement I gave you on becoming a genin was something you should be getting used to. You are still weak... not strong enough. If you ever even want to come close to a decent leader you will not drag down your team and train harder because what you have right now is just not cutting it. It's mediocre... pathetic. Do you want the Hyugas' to fall into such weak hand like yours? You are the Hyuga heir, start acting like it!" His voice got louder by the second.

How can he say such things to me this early in the morning. I always try my best father, is that not good enough? I looked to see my little sister stare at me with pity and the maids in the kitchen even poked out there head to see what was going on. My eyes were brimming with tear that I tried so desperately hold back. I bit my bottom lip hard enough to not let out a whimper. I have to be strong, I can't show them that I'm weak! For Hanabi. Just force a smile and leave. And that's exactly what I did, smiled and thanked my father for the 'pep talk' before walking out of the compound.

Normal pov.

Hinata walked to the bench were her team minus Kakashi was supposed to meet. She realized that she was late, even Naruto was there. They noticed her coming and Naruto ran towards her and gave her a tight hug.

"N-naruto-kun!?" She exclaimed with a blush surprised by his actions. He just continued to hug her tighter. When he finally let go he grabbed both of her shoulder and looked at her with those cerulean blue eyes. "Hinata-chan where did you go yesterday!? You and that teme left without me!" He pouted, oblivious to the fact that he was the reason why they ditched him.

"Ah g-gomen'nasai Naruto-kun, i-it was getting late a-and I-I needed to go home..." She lied with an apologetic look in her light lavender eyes. Naruto just shot her his famous toothy grin making her redden even more and told her it was alright. Hinata walked over to a fuming Sasuke who was sitting on the bench a few feet away.

Maybe I can start calling him Sasuke-kun now. Nervously Hinata sat on the beach wriggling her fingers nervously... "Ohayo Sasuke... kun, ano..." I should thank him for what he did yesterday. I know Naruto-kun didn't mean to hurt my feelings but it was still really thoughtful of Sasuke-kun to confort me.. "Arigato for ano... for what you s-said yesterday." She thanked him with a slight blush. She was so nervous she felt the pit of her stomach tighten. What's happening to me?!