Chapter 2 - Arrived

*DAMON POV*

After 3 of the longest hours of my life sitting in a car with these grown ass man acting and whining about having to go and leaving their mates behind. I had to catch myself because like 4 times i wanted to punch Neal in the face, he has not shut it since we left our driveway and i and im pretty sure the other guys all were tired of him talking. During an hour of him ranting about god knows what i started to really think about my life and how me not having my mate is really taking its toll on me. You see when werewolves come of age (age 18) they are able to find thier mates but me being an alpha i can find my mate at the age of 16 or at least i was suppose to. I remember that day like it was yesterday my pack and family threw me a HUGE party and even invited the humans in my territory and some packs members of other packs close by. It was a fun night i waited and waited to smell her. Im told that to recognize your mate the signs are 1. She will have an amazing mouth watering smell that would drive me and my wolf crazy. 2. When we touch it'll feel as if it's fireworks going off like the 4th of july but it'll be a pleasurable feeling not a painful one. 3. When i finally lay eyes on her my wolf would start to get really excited and i would want to be really close to her. 4. When we finally stare into each others eyes it'll feel like their is no one else on the planet but the two of us and my wolf would then shout MATE to me so i'd know. Ive never experienced these feelings with anyone thats how i know ive never found her.

My parents thought that maybe just maybe ill find her at the age 18 like everyone else...but no sadly i didnt so after i graduated from highschool my father was suppose to hand the pack down to me but wanted me to find my mate first so he sent me around the world looking for her. I went to every pack in the world literally and, nothing.

So by the time i returned from my traveling i was 22 with no mate but a loaded passport. I lost all hope and so did my parents. My father passed down the pack to me a year later when i was 23, that was 2 years ago. And since then ive been doing what i have to for the packs sake and safety. My wolf barely talks to me he jusy sits in a little conner of my mind and talks only when the packs in danger, i think he's lost all hope as well.

The last time he has spoke to me was last week when those rogues attacked my pack and even then he didnt say much. It bothers me that my wolf is so hurt and acting like this but i can't do anything about it.

When those rogues attacked last week i didnt really think anything of it because no one was hurt or had been taken. But the alpha of the pack were going to says his pack was also attacked 2 days ago. Me and the alpha are actually friends, he came to my 16th party and i went to his pack for a whole week during those years of me looking for my mate and he's a cool guy. Alphas normally arent friends but we are and if he needs my help then im there.

Normally when someone enters another alphas territory you have to call and let them know but since he's been expecting us we just drove on through. And once we pulled up to the familiar house he was already standing outside with some pack members to greet us. He, his wife and 1 year old son was standing in the front of the crowd. I had never met his son before, i been meaning to but just never did. Me and my pack members walked towards them and greeted each other by shaking hands and introducing the few pack members he didnt know. While i knew everyone from his pack he still introduced them for my pack members to know. Most or maybe all his pack members were just chilling outside that day and was standing around when we arrived but before the greetings were even done 4 of my mateless pack members that i brought with me in hopes of finding their mate found their mate. I was happy for them, really i was but just a little sad that i didnt. But i didnt let it show on my facial expression and just smiled along with every body else at the 4 new couples standing not to far from me.

Soon we were showed to our rooms that we were gonna be staying in while were here. I more then rushed to my room to get away from all the love these mate's were showing and took a 4 hour nap before going back downstairs around 5 in the afternoon due to my growling stomach because other wise i wouldve hid out in my room just a bit longer but i was hungry and needed food. I walked in the kitchen to find his and my pack members all hanging out together, that put a smile on my face knowing that everyone gets along with eachother. "Wassup alpha" they say after they saw me "nothing new, so what yall been up to?" i say back and it was Micheal my beta that answered back "nothing, just getting to know everyone" thats when i noticed my 4 pack members that had found their mates were missing and micheal as if reading my mind said "their with their mates doing god knows what" we started laughing because im pretty sure we all had an idea of what they were all doing right about now.

While i was looking for something to eat me and alpha Samuel agreed that we will met in his office in 10 minutes to discuss everything, so i hurriedly made myself 3 sandwiches and scarfed them down. I signaled for my beta, T.I.C, and pack warrior to follow me out the kitchen and down the hall to alpha Samuel's office.