The mysterious man and his daughter

The next day after breakfast Sofia and the elite 5 were sitting in the throne room. Each one of them had their own special chair right next to the King.

"So what does it feel like knowing that you are the savior of this land?" Adrian asked with his same honey golden voice.

"Well, it doesn't make me feel any better knowing that an entire race of people is depending on a 16-year-old if that's what you wanted to know." Replied Sofia gravely, every minute her confidence level was decreasing faster and faster just by thinking about it. " How exactly am I going to do it? I don't even know any of the spells..."

"Don't worry Sof we'll teach you," said Alisha with her usual cheerful tone.

"Besides it's not like your gonna be on the journey all by yourself anyway... as if we'll ever let that happen!" said Darren looking straight into the navy blue eyes of his sister.

"Ohh, please Sof stop worrying, you've got the elite 5 on your side, what are you so afraid of?" this time Ariana gently squeezing Sofia's hand and giving her a reassuring nod. "Everythings gonna be just fine."

Ian cleared his throat, "Anyway people, to change this stressful subject, have you guys noticed the unusually big star that came out during the day when Sofia fell through the portal?"

Everyone nodded, now that Ian mentioned it, Sofia totally forgot about the star!

The King nodded and said , " Yes, Ian I have noticed it, and I'm assuming it's got to do with the prophecy."

Yes, that's right the prophecy! How could she be so stupid? She had read it last night ...

"Yes, that's right "From a star shining above , she will embark on this quest " she quoted from the prophecy.

But there was an another nagging thought that has been bothering her since last night.

"Umm guys, how do you know I'm the saviour? Do you have any proof that I'm that person that the prophecy talks about?" Sofia asked.

Their faces darkened almost immediately, while the King's head hung low.

"You know, Sofia does have a point.." Adrian said, " Maybe we shouldn't rely on her that much knowing that we hadn't got any real proof yet..." Adrian was going to say more until he got interrupted by Darron.

"Think about it Adrian, why would Vultan try to kill Sofia when she was young if she wasn't the prophesied one? Everyone knows that the prophesied one will be the end of Vultan."

"You know Darren does have a point." Ariana started. But before they were going to say more they were interrupted by the King.

" I know this is a very important discussion and we are going to continue it later. But for now, the whole of Arecnia needs to know of Sofia's arrival. So shall we arrange a ball this evening and make an official announcement?"

" That's a wonderful idea father, I totally forgot about the ball." Said Darren laughing to himself.

"A ball! please, dad, that won't be necessary" Sofia tried to say to change her dad's mind but it went to vain.

The King rang the identical bell like the same one Sofia found when she woke up in the infirmary.

After a couple of seconds, Bernard walked through the entrance of the of the throne room.

"What is it that you desire, Sire?" Bernard asked politely.

" I want you to organise a ball in the honour of my daughter's return. Send out invitations to all the kingdoms and make this ball the grandest one out of all of them."

Bernard smiled, "As you wish Sire."

Bernard turned to Sofia, " What would you like the theme to be, your highness?"

"I don't know, Bernard, anything that's aesthetically pleasing," Sofia said shrugging with a smile.

Bernard smiled and replied, " As you wish your highness." Then he walked out of the room.

The King turned to the elite 5 to say but stopped when a guard suddenly ran through the entrance of the throne room panting.

"Your maj- your majesty" he stopped and took in a big gulp of air and started speaking again. " There's someone at the entrance who says he knows how to fix the tree of balance.

Everyone was shocked, "Could that even be possible?" The King asked the guard voice full of disbelief !

" I don't know Sire, but he wants to speak to you, he also has his daughter with him." Said the guard cautiously.

"I believe that this man may be a great help, so why don't you allow him to see me ? Maybe there might be a way to save this tree after all."

Even though the King appeared to be relieved, but Sofia and the elite 5 were on edge, they had to see this man and his daughter first before they could make any assumptions.

When the man walked through the entrance Sofia could immediately tell something was off about him. The way his eyes looked at them and just by looking at him Sofia and the elite 5 shuddered with fear. Not to mention his creepy daughter, both of them gave off this eerie feeling , their negative aura visible to Sofia and the elite 5 but somehow it managed to trick the King's eyes as it kept on destroying the positive energy in the room.

"Dad, I don't have a very good feeling about this," Sofia tried to warn her father but somehow failed as if the King was fixed in a distance trance.

When they were near the throne, the man, and the daughter bowed down to their knees and stood up again.

The man smiled a mysterious smile, he began, " Good morning to you Sire, I'm Sirak and I believe I have a solution to your problem."

This time, it was the daughter's turn to speak, " I'm Sabina, your highness, and I'm the prophesied one that the prophecy speaks of...."

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks so much for reading guys

Question for this chapter - What's going to happen next ?

If your enjoying the story please don't forget to vote and comment :)