Chapter 14

The tour had ended and it was now my wedding day. We were in Anaheim because my aunt lives on a gorgeous estate and has let us have our reception there. We wanted a traditional wedding so we decided to stay in separate hotel rooms.
I woke up in my gorgeous room sprawled across the bed; it was the first time in months I hadn't woken up in Tyler's arms. I looked across to the other bed where Victoria was sleeping peacefully. She was my maid of honour; Rayette was one of my bridesmaids along with India, my other aunt Juliet and my best friend Chrissy, Zayne was the ring barer, Izzy was my flower girl and since my mum hated me I asked if Jada would act as the mother of the bride.
I crawled out of bed and jumped onto Victoria.
"5 more minutes." She grumbled.
"I'm getting married today!" I squealed. She shot up and we began jumping up and down on the bed. Rayette came running in through the adjoining door followed by Jada carrying Izzy.
"I'm so sorry sweetie she's just excited about the dress." Jada explained breathlessly.
"It's fine honestly." I said hugging her. "I'm excited about my dress too." I laughed.
"Well if we wanna make this wedding we better start getting ready." Victoria added.

We all piled into my suite and started doing hair and make-up. We had a photographer document the getting ready process - including the boys.
It finally got to the part where I could put my dress on. I slid off my silk robe and stepped into my gorgeous lacy tea cup dress. I had my hair down with little lilac flowers woven into it and a crystal tiara carefully placed on the top of my head. Victoria attached the veil to my tiara and handed me my bouquet; I slipped on my white pumps and headed for the door.
The bridesmaids looked gorgeous; they all wore cream floor length strapless gowns and silver strapped heels. They all had their hairs in cute up do's with a smaller tiara and small bouquets.
We all got into the white stretch limo and headed for the church.
I waited outside anxiously as the girls walked in one after the other. Izzy had just gone in and I knew I was up next. My dad stood beside me and linked arms with me.
"Are you sure you wanna do this?" He asked.
"I'm sure." I said with confidence. I took a deep breath in and the doors swung open; all eyes were on me. Tyler slowly turned around and his eyes fell on me and I saw him start to tear up; I also felt myself start to cry. We got to the end of the aisle and my dad kissed my cheek and handed me over to my groom. Everybody sat down and it was just me, Tyler, Victoria, Josh and the priest standing.
As usual he started:
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today...." but we'll just skip all that out. "Now for the vows."
Tyler looked at me his bottom lip wobbling as he pulled a sheet of paper out of his inside pocket.
"Harley Vanessa Tate, you are everything I have ever wanted in life. You are my world and I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you in my life. Yeah we have had our ups and downs but every great couple do." He paused for a moment to compose himself. "I remember the day I met you no surprise in a mental hospital." We both giggled. "You were confident and obviously insane. You didn't treat me like the others though. I fell in love with you the minute I looked into your crystal blue eyes. You are my inspiration and the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I want to father your children and help you pursue your dreams. I will be there when you have those horrible nightmares. I will be there when the voices come back and I will be there when you feel so alone. I will always be there because I love you with everything that I am." We were both holding back tears but I couldn't hold them back anymore; Victoria passed me a tissue to dry my eyes.
"Now You Harley." The priest whispered.
"Tyler Robert Joseph, if it wasn't for you I'd probably still be in that place. I'd probably still be hearing those voices honestly I probably would've killed myself. You are the reason I am alive today. You are the reason I am happy and the reason I met my dad. I couldn't ever thank you enough for everything you have done. My heart will always beat for you and I can't wait for the day we sit in our rocking chairs watching our grandchildren play. I want to say this is the happiest day of my life but by far is the day you showed up at that support group. You are my everything. I will be there for you through thick and thin I will continue being your inspiration and I will help you with your music. I would crawl to the ends of the earth for you and I would happily go back to that hell hole if it meant you were happy. I love you Tyler and I don't want you to ever forget that." I began to cry again and there was a see of 'aw's' and a few sniffles.
"The rings?" The priest said. Zayne walked up and handed them to each of us. We exchanged rings and we were now standing holding each other's hands.
"Do you Tyler Robert Jospeh take Harley Vanessa Tate to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do." He sniffled.
"Do you Harley Vanessa Tate take Tyler Robert Joseph to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."
"Well in the eyes of the lord and the state of California I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride." Tyler grabbed my waist and slowly pulled me in; I put my hands on the back of his head and kissed him with so much passion and love. When we finally pulled away I rested my head in the crook of his neck.
"I love you puddin." I whispered.
"I love you too baby."
We walked down the aisle and toward the doors with all the guests throwing confetti at us. We got in the limo and headed to my aunts house for the reception.

_________________________
So gosh darn cute 😊 their vows though. I probably got the ceremony all mixed up but oh well. Sorry the chapter was so long. The dress is at the top. Hope you're enjoying the story.
-Jess