Chapter 3

I woke up feeling giddy. The nurse came in with my breakfast and I quickly shovelled it down. I had a long shower and then got dressed. I wore my light grey shredded skinny jeans, black and white striped t-shirt, a black hoodie and my usual black hightop converse.
I waited in the visiting room from 8:30am even though Tyler wasn't coming until 11. It got to 11:30 and I was getting frustrated. I clenched my fists and my eye started to twitch. It got to 11:45 and I was ready to scream when Tyler came running through the door all flustered. I relaxed my hands but I was still peeved.
"Why are you so late?" I asked through gritted teeth.
"I'm so sorry Harley my mom is in town and asked me to show her around." He said breathlessly. I frowned at him and he looked at me apologetically.
"It's okay." I said holding back a smirk but it managed to slip out. Tyler smiled back. We went for a walk in the community garden. I introduced my nurses to Tyler and they were all quite surprised except for Louise. Louise was my favourite nurse. She was 18 when I arrived; she tried to befriend me but I would snap at her; months passed and I warmed up to her. She would always bring me extra chocolate pudding.
We came to a bench at the back of the garden and sat there for a few minutes in silence.
"So it's a nice place I guess." Tyler said eventually. I shook my head violently.
"It's awful." I said bluntly. Tyler's face screwed up.
"Why?" He asked.
"Everyone treats you like you're insane. My parents never visit me. They even use shock therapy if you're having a 'difficult day' I hate it here." I pulled back my fringe to reveal a large purple bruise on my temple.
"This is from a month ago when I punched Debra." I said feeling my voice start to crack. Tyler placed his hand on top of mine and moved his head closer to me.
"I'm sorry this is happening to you." He whispered. "The day you turn 18 I'm taking you out of this place." He continued. Another voice slowly faded away. A small smile appeared on my face but my long brown hair hid it. I turned my head towards Tyler slightly and he leaned in and kissed my soft pink lips. Renae, one of the nurses, rushed over with her arms crossed. Tyler and I continued kissing as she stood in front of us tapping her foot on the white and grey pebbles.
"Uh hum." She said loudly. I looked up at her and laughed. She grabbed my arm and pulled me up.
"Right you know the rules Harley." She hissed.
"Do I?" I asked sarcastically. Tyler stayed sat on the bench shaking his head and giggling at me. Renae glared at him disapprovingly and he shut up instantly.
"Right Mr Joseph you're going to have to leave. Harley you are staying in your room for the rest of the day and no phone privileges tonight." Tyler shot up and protested adamantly.
"That isn't fair." He sulked.
"You're acting like a child Mr Joseph."
"No wonder she hates it here. I'll see you at counselling tomorrow Harley." He said before storming off.
"Bye bye Tyler." I giggled as Renae dragged me to my room. She threatened me with shock therapy but I didn't care anymore.
"Do your worst!" I yelled then cackled like an insane woman. Her and Marcus, another nurse, carried me off to the 'electric chair' as me and Louise called it. They shocked me 3 times. I lied there unconscious until morning. As soon as they let me free I stumbled to the leisure room to call Tyler.
"Tyler." I whispered.
"Harley! Are you okay?" He asked frantically.
"They uh shocked me again." I whispered.
"No. That's not even legal." I heard his voice change and I knew he was mad.
"It doesn't matter I'm fine. Anyway please make sure you come to counselling tonight." Before Tyler could reply Renae came round the corner and ordered me to get off the phone.
"Bye." I whispered then hung up quickly. I walked over to Renae and snarled like a dog.
"You're in solitary." She hissed. My face dropped.
"Why what did I do!?" I asked angrily.
"Your behaviour yesterday was appalling." I was taken to my 'cell' and left there with nothing but a bed and a rubber ball.

They left me there for weeks. I couldn't even imagine how worried Tyler was. When they finally let me out I tried to call Tyler but they had taken my phone privileges away from me full stop. I discovered it was a Thursday and that meant it was the day of our 'depression and anxiety meeting' I couldn't wait. For most of the day I played monopoly with the other patients.
I walked into the hall beaming. I sat in my usual seat and waited for Tyler. After awhile I started to think he wasn't coming but he tip toed into the room 15 minutes late. He looked like he did the first day I met him; looking at the ground and not speaking at anyone. The only available seat was next to me and that made me even happier. He sat down and I intertwined our hands. He looked up in confusion and almost instantly recognised me. His face lit up and he wrapped his arms around me.
"I've missed you so much." He whispered.
"I've missed you too."

________________________
Longer chapter 💪🏻 hope you like it.
-Jess

Holding onto you (twenty one pilots fan fiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara