Chapter 1

I stand on the edge of the grey, concrete tower; the rain pouring down, hitting my face and body like bullets. The strong wind tries to pull me back but the voices fight against it. The universe is trying to send me a message but my thoughts have taken over. I take a step closer to the edge; my toes hangover the side of the building and I can see the people gazing up at me in horror.
"Don't do it!"
"It's not worth it!"
"You have so much to live for!" They yell over and over, I believe them but I'm not in control. I close my eyes and breath deeply. I have no choice; my fate has been sealed. I will throw myself off the side of my apartment complex and hit the sidewalk; killing myself instantly.
"Harley." A shaky deep voice whispers. I want to turn around but I can't. I feel a large soft hand on my waist.
"Don't do it Harley. Come down and I will take care of you."
Warm tears roll down my icy cheeks. My whole body is shaking; I can't tell if it's because I'm freezing or because I'm scared of what I'm about to do.
I've been this way for years; they thought I was fixed - clearly not.

It all started when I was about 14. I had never been insecure but slowly I started to take note of what people were saying about me. I've always had a little voice inside my head, but it was more like my friend not my enemy. People would make fun of that. The voice also started to take note; it got angrier and angrier and more voices started until eventually they started telling me to do bad things - to myself.
I would slit my wrists, pinch myself and even burn myself.

It was 2 days after my 15th birthday I was sat on the edge of my bed twiddling my thumbs when the voices started whispering; stirring up a sinister plan to get me killed once and for all.
They told me to get some rope from my dad's workshop, razor blades from my mum's wash-bag and to ride my bike to the woods. They said "put the blades in the rope at the back."
"Why?"
"So that if you try to back out you will die anyway." The voices sneered. I did as they said and slowly wrapped the fraying hemp fibres around my pale neck and pushed my bike out from under me. I swung from the tree for a few moments then the rope snapped causing me to topple to the ground, landing on my face. The blades came flying down from above and cut my throat on either side.
I lied there for what felt like an eternity until a women came walking past with her dog and saved me; I was rushed into hospital where my parents waited for me. They didn't feel any sympathy for me - they were ashamed of what I did - they always said I was 'special' not like the rest, they acted like it was a good thing but I knew they had always been disgusted with what I am. They wanted to throw me into a mental hospital at the first chance they got, and this was there chance.

___________________________
I know I started on wattpad not even a month ago and this is my 3rd story but they really help me blow off steam so here is my 3rd and definitely not my last story 'Holding onto you.' I hope you enjoy it.
-Jess