Chapter 9

We had a lot of moments like that for the next year or so. We would be so close and I'd remind him about my vow. It created a lot of tension between us because he felt as if he couldn't be as close to me just incase.

One night we were sat on the couch watching my all time favourite film 'Brooklyn' and it got to the scene where Tony and Eilis had sex for the first time even though they had to wait until marriage. Tyler placed his hand on my thigh and slowly made his way up my leg; I put my hand on his to stop him going any further. He pulled his hand away aggressively and sat sulking. I tutted loudly and rolled my eyes over exaggeratedly.
"What so now you're just going sit and sulk every time I remind you I can't have sex with you?" I asked violently.
"Harley we are obviously going to get married I don't understand why you're still holding off."
"Because it's not the point Tyler! Until we are married in the eyes of the lord and my grandma it ain't gonna happen."
"You're not even religious."
"I thought you respected my grandmas wishes."
"I do but do you understand how hard this is for me? You won't even let me in the bathroom when you're showering. We've been together for 2 years and I haven't even seen you naked!"
"I don't want to temp you! I'm trying to make it easier Tyler."
"Harley why can't you understand no matter what you are wearing or what you look like I will be tempted." I bit down hard on my lip.
"I can't Tyler. I just can't."
"This is so hard for me."
"And you think it's not hard for me? The amount of times I see you walk around the apartment in your towel or underwear I want to but I don't!" He pulled me in by my hips and kissed me hard; I tried to fight it but his kiss melts my heart. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. He took me into our room and pulled my shirt off then dropped me onto the bed. I unbuttoned his shirt as he kissed me neck......

We lied there drifting into sleep as he tickled up and down my arm and I drew pictures with my index finger on his stomach. Just before I slipped into a peaceful sleep Tyler whispered in my ear.
"Will you marry me?" A sweet smile appeared on my face and my cheeks became rosy - before I could answer I was already asleep.

I woke up with the sheets wrapped around me, and Tyler hanging off the side of the bed, probably because I kicked him off in the night. I quickly ran to the closet still with the sheets tied tightly around my body. I hastily shoved on a pair of Tyler's boxers and one of his band t-shirts then jumped back into bed. I suddenly heard a thump and Tyler was no longer on the bed; I crawled to the edge of the bed and saw Tyler rubbing the back of his head in pain. I couldn't control my laughter - I laughed so hard I fell down there with him.
"Karma hurts doesn't it?" Tyler said smugly.
"No falling off a bed hurts." I laughed. He lightly kissed the tip of my nose.
"You never answered me last night." He said shyly.
"What did you ask?"
"Well it was something to do with spending the rest of our lives together."
"Wait seriously!?" I squealed sounding a lot like willow.
"Yes seriously." He said shaking me playfully.
"Of course I will!" I yipped. Tyler pulled me close and hugged me tight.
"You should go and apologise to your grandma." He laughed.
"That's not funny. I feel really bad." Tyler looked disappointed as I walked toward the door. "But I don't regret it." I giggled as I ran over to him and pecked him on the cheek. He blushed slightly then jumped into the shower.

I showered and got dressed then we headed to my parents house for my sisters 16th birthday.
I got a lot of disappointed glares from my family as I entered the house.
"Well everyone this is Tyler my fiancé." I said proudly. He smiled and waved shyly at my many aunts, uncles and cousins; they all sat silent.
"Okay then." I said. I walked over to the kitchen to greet my sister. I put her gift on the table and gave her a great big hug.
"Hey V!" I said excitedly.
"Hey Harls!" She replied with just as much excitement.
"I swear you are the only person here that likes me." I whispered.
"I know."
"Thanks for the confidence boost lil sis." I said nudging her playfully.
"Well you are the half relative who lived in a mental hospital for 3 years and has voices in her head." She laughed.
"I guess." I giggled. Tyler walked in and greeted Victoria with a hug.
"Hey Vic. How have you been?" He asked.
"Good. What about you?" She replied politely.
"Really good." He scratched the back of his hand nervously then came and stood alongside me; I took his hand a squeezed it tightly to stop him scratching. The party was dull and the guests were judgemental - we ended up leaving early and getting chipotle instead.

We were driving back when Tyler spoke up.
"Your family hate me."
"They hate me too." I replied.
"I guess."
"I don't know why you're so bothered. They're all assholes anyway."
"Harley." He said seriously.
"Yes Tyler?" I said worried.
"I want you to fly to Ohio with me and meet my family." My gut twisted and I suddenly couldn't breath. I waited a few moments then found the courage to talk again.
"Okay." I agreed.

________________________
Well..... longer chapter. Hope you're enjoying the story. Probably last Really steamy part - tell me if you want more.
-Jess