Part Ten

We dashed as fast as we could to the skyscraper. As I entered the lobby I grimaced seeing blood everywhere. Chills went up my spine again. Marble floors, blood. Crystal Chandelier, bodys hanging from it. Lobby couches and desk, blood and bodies.

Bob wacked one of the white creatures with the butt of his rifle. I racked my mind trying to find out where I've seen these things before. I passed it off as nothing.

"Damn, elevator's out." Bob slammed his fist into the aluminum doors. I grimaced, our gloves where very thin and made of leather.

"Ow, that hurt way more then it should've." Bob mutters. I laugh.
After that we ran up the stairs case. The bodies lessened the higher we got. By the time we reached the top I felt like my lungs would burst. The skyscraper was 100 stories tall.

As we burst through a set of metal doors we saw three of the big, winged Xenos. And a soldier backing up into a demantra. She fired her r into one of them and it dropped without a arm but got back up.

The soldier had her helmet off, I saw it by my feet it's blue visor cracked.
"I could use some help boys!" She shouted.
We raised our rs and fired off into the Xeno's backs. Two fell to the ground and didn't move. The third threw something at me it exploded before it reached me and covered my leg in green goo.
The woman killed the third Xeno.

Smoke started rising from it.
"Shit!" I yelled frantically unlocking powerful mag locks to try and get the piece off.

"God damnit Aiden!" Bob scolded and started removing it too. The female soldier walked over. She had shoulder length red hair, shiny blue eyes, a pale face, and stood a few inches shorter then me.

"If your both done lolly gagging we should get movin-." She stopped speaking as a las blast hit a few blocks from us leaving nothing behind. We started running to the demantra. More and more las blasts where hitting Stadt Reich. A side door was open and we threw ourselves in.

"Punch it Lorenz!" Commanded the female, I saw her name tag it read Lea. The side door closed and I heard the engines fire.
"R-roger Lea." The pilot sounded like he was in pain. Lea looked at me and saluted when she saw my rank painted on my shoulder.

"It's fine, rank doesn't matter anymore." I said and looked at Bob. He had his helmet off revealing his brown hair,tanned skin, and black eyes. He had his head in his hands.

I heard Lorenz groan and I walked into the cockpit.

"You okay in here?" I asked concerned and stared at a huge spot of dried blood on his side and shoulder.

"Jesus are you okay?" I almost yelled.

"I-I'm fine." He stated and grimaced.

"Anyone here a medic?!" Lea and Bob run into the cockpit.
"Jesus why didn't you tell me?!" Asked Lea. Lea swore and looked around for a med-kit.

"Here." I hand Lea my med-kit.

"Thank you."

Lea quickly got to work cleaning Lorenz's wound. I took a extra leg plate from a armor locker near the cockpit.

I sigh.
"Wonder what's left if anything of our military."

"Probably just us, after most of our outposts fell everyone retreated to Stadt Riech." Lea shouted from the Leronze's side.

I took off my helmet and my blond hair fell in my face covering my right eye.

"They seriously let you grow that out Aiden?" Asked Bob slightly amazed.

"Yep, Charles put in a word for me. Still don't know how it worked out." I chuckle slightly.

"G-guys, where are we even going?" Wondered Lorenz.
"God damnit. Here get me a map, I'm the squad navigator, Charles had the map." I decided not to show emotion. Become the emotionless statue. It's how I dealt with my father's death.

Lea handed me a map. And I quickly located possible strongholds.

I pointed to a spot on the map.
"The ADST headquarters, probably wasn't bombarded." I mentioned.

"A-all right, let's go."