3: Author - PART OF THE STORY

I lay disgruntled in my bed, staring at the new chapter I had published on my home screen. As I proofread the final paragraph in which I attempted to portray Nico's dyslexia I sighed in frustration. I had read so many fanfictions where they assumed that people with dyslexia couldn't even read four letter words like wand.

Whilst I was not dyslexic, I do have an eye condition which causes the letters to jumble and blur in the same way when I focus for lengthy periods of time. So whilst I didn't understand quite what dyslexia was like, I had a basic idea. It was then that I had an ingenious idea.

"Nico," I asked "before you return to my story," I started, Nico grunted and toyed with his skull ring, signifying his apparent boredom. " would you please explain how you deal with your dyslexia?" My cousin had attempted the previously, however he had failed to be clear enough.

"Well," said Nico, "I can read books, just in Ancient Greek or Latin or by using a coloured overlay or colour tinted glasses. My big issue is spelling, but I'm going to overcome it. However, some people are really severely dyslexic, like can't even read their phones properly dyslexic. If that's the case for your portrayal of us, then okay. Lara always tells me that if I was that severely dyslexic then I probably wouldn't be able to read Greek either, but I guess we just gotta ask a demigod who is. Unfortunately, they aren't here" He said, his attention wandering once again to his ring. Then he looked up again. "I do understand its your fanfiction, but it would be nice if when you guys write them, you do a little research on what dyslexia is actually like... Not trying to be rude or anything, it's just my opinion." He said "I'm addressing the whole fandom by the way..." He said. Just then, the door swung open.

"I DO NOT TURN ALL OF MY FOOD BLUE!" The indignant cry wafted through the door, followed by the entrance of Percy and Annabeth. They too were reading a wattpad fanfiction"BLUE FOOD IS FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS, LIKE WHEN I COME HOME... OR DATES..."
"Oh seaweed brain." Annabeth laughed playfully. "I only judo flipped you twice, and I don't hit you all the time... That would be abuse. And your not thick, not that much of a seaweed brain..."
"Aha! You admitted it!"
"Hey... That doesn't mean your smarter than me Perseus."
"Percy!" The verbal duel continued until I was fed up of the noise.

"Silence! Go back to the book all three of you! You're driving me insane!" I declared. Nico grinned and disappeared into the shadows. Percy reluctantly trundled after Annabeth.

"Don't forget to vote!" He called as he was half way out of the door. A small smile crept across my face.