"I promise. Go now," he whispered with tears of his own. He kissed my cheek before shoving me up. Lindy and Landon quickly pulled me to Landon's Jeep where the three of us got in and drove back to Lindy's. Once we got inside I raced up to my room and got changed into a pink long sweater and a pair of patterned leggings.

"What about this one?" I asked Lindy. It was a simple two bedroom, one bath with a living area which included a full kitchen. Lindy nodded in approval and went to go call the building agent. 

"Want to go see a movie?" Landon asked.

"Netflix," I countered. He sighed and rolled his eyes at me.

"How am I supposed to take you on a date with Netflix?"

"Why would you want to date me?" I asked with panic. He began laughing and it made me more than tense.

"I was kidding Ebony. Calm down."

I chuckled with him and relaxed before we went to sit in front of the T.V. and watched some lame Netflix movie. It was honestly terrible but I was enjoying spending time with Landon.

"Where were you born?" I asked Landon after the movie was over. He turned to face me on the couch and crossed his legs under him.

"Sydney, Australia. What about you?"

"I was born right here. Right on this very couch," I said creepily while wiggling my eyebrows. He laughed at my antics. "Seriously though, I was born here. I've only left town twice in my life."

"Well let's change that."

"Right now?" I asked.

"Yes." He looked excited as he raced to the door and began pulling on his boots and jacket. I ran after him and was helped into my coat.

"It's nearly midnight!" I exclaimed as he grabbed my leg and slipped my boot on my foot while I was still standing. Tension filled the small hall as the door opened and Daxton came in while Landon was holding my other leg in the air. My hands were on Landon's shoulders to stay balanced.

"Well this is awkward," Landon said as he shoved my boot on. He took my hand in his and pulled me out of the door to the Jeep. Daxton was glaring at us as we pulled out of the driveway and sped towards town limits. Snow was at least a foot high on either side of the road so he drove carefully. Once we reached the town limits I got out of the Jeep and raced into the snow. The moon shone brightly overhead as we laughed and played in the snow.

I threw a snowball at Landon's head and giggled as it landed in his hair. He shook it out before lunging at me. We fell into the snow and he rubbed it through my hair. I yelled as some of the icy snow slid down my shirt when we stood up. He laughed as I jumped around squealing at the cold wet trail that slunk down my stomach.

Once we got back to the house Lindy was arguing with Daxton. I flinched at the yelling and stayed in the Jeep while curling up into a ball. Landon looked at me before loudly slamming his door and storming into the house. Minutes later it was quiet and Landon had come back to get me. He gripped my hand in his. I clung to it as if my life depended on it.