Chapter 9, Meet The Parents

Start from the beginning

‘So this is the new Luna, Vera is it?  Tell me, has Cody won you over with his chiselling good looks yet’?

Giving her a suggestive smile, I burst out laughing as she presumed we’d been more intimate than we really had.

‘Vera here is more a trouble maker than a romantic, Chelsea’.

Looking up at Cody, I was annoyed that he hadn’t gone along with my cover.

‘What’d you say that for?  She was clearly jealous’!

‘I only want you bragging about our intimacy when you’re actually willing to put out’.

Scoffing, I looked between the other girls as they introduced themselves.  Chloe, Stephanie and Chelsea seemed like Cody diehard fans, the way they melted at his feet, it was plainly embarrassing.

Now choosing this moment as the one to leave me with three air heads, who would just snarl at me when Cody wasn’t looking, I felt as Cody slowly let go, realising once he let go, he probably wouldn’t get to hold on again.

‘I’ll be back soon, okay Vera’?

Sighing, I acted like I’d miss him dearly, feeling the jealously seeping off the girls in front of me.

‘Don’t take too long honey, I’ll miss you’.

With Cody walking away laughing, I turned back to the girls, picking up that one of them had sniffed the air very quietly but me being the suspicious person I was, I picked it up straight away.

She had smelt to see if we were mated yet, just like Charlie did each day.

Saying nothing Chloe changed the subject; now realising I had been watching her. 

‘So Vera, tell me a bit about you; as part of the pack we’re all curious to know about the rogue that stole the Alpha’s heart’.

Smirking, I acted innocent, feeling no need to hide what I had been through, just wanting to see the look of horror cross over the girls’ features. 

‘Well my Dad had me banished from my pack and my Alpha dragged me the tens of kilometres to the borders just to see that I really would go’.

Already I had the girls’ full attention as their interest grew in my story, probably looking for a way to use it against me.

‘Coming here, I met a rogue just inside the border; probably double my size, he sized me up before lunging and trying to make a meal out of me as he literally ate pieces of my flesh not even bothered that he was a cannibal’.

Chelsea shrieked in terror, her eyes reflected a sense of fear; my mind urging me on to see how far I could push these girl as Cody returned, wrapping his arm around my waist again, obviously overhearing the horror story I was telling to members of his pack.

‘You shouldn’t stir up trouble Vera; these people don’t even know you’.

Shrugging, the girls now walked off as Cody dismissed them; now directing me over to another group of people.

‘I couldn’t help myself, the look on their face so worth it’.

Cody shook his head, kissing the top of my head; ‘as much as I would like to know more about how your Alpha dragged you what you say, tens of kilometres, that isn’t something you should be making publically available’.

Chuckling, I was soon halted as an older couple stood before us.  My eyes scanning the two individuals, their features resembling that of Cody’s as I soon realised these were his parents.