Chapter 43 - beach bar

—Lisas POV—

My mom convinced me to go to that „new beachbar" tonight and I really don't want to go.

Here in Sweden, I'm aloud to drink as much beer I want, which I'm not used to and especially my father told me to not go to a place they have alcohol with my mom.

„Are you ready to party?" my mom squels at me like a teenager. This is ridiculous.

„Come on." she grabs my arm and pulls me out of her hotel room.

„Why couldn't you have dressed any nicer?" she asks me for the hundredth time.

I just roll my eyes at her.

I was wearing black skinny jeans and a black top. It was way too casual, I know, but there's reasons for that:

I don't want to be referred to as a slut.

I look forward to going home as soon as possible.

I didn't want any guy to talk to me.

Mom pulls me down the stairs and we go to that beach bar, which is actually a club with a tropical theme.

I'm only one second in that club and I already want to get out again.

It's sweaty, the air is hot and the music wasn't my type at all, also there are way too many people.

„Stay right here, I'm gonna get us drinks." my mom tells me giggling and goes to the bar. I have a very unresponsible mother and to be very honest, I didn't identify myself with her at all. In fact, I didn't even like her that much. We were trying, but I guess we're never going to have a relationship.

-later that night in Sweden-

I am slightly drunk and haven't seen my mom for about half an hour, though I was looking for her in the whole club.

Still having half a cup of beer in my hand I continued walking around.

Suddenly someone bumped into me and my cup landed on his shirt.

„Oh, I'm so sorry." I excuse, before I can think about the guy in front of me was probably Swedish.

„Oh no, it's okay. Are you looking for someone? I think you passed by me about three times tonight." the guy chuckles and I feel extremely uncomfortable.

He was flirting with me and I wasn't interested at all. Not that he wasn't good looking, but I have a boy I love at home.

I am wondering, why the guy has an American accent though and doesn't look Swedish at all.

„Just in case you're trying to flirt with me: I have a boyfriend. And yes I'm looking for my mom." I tell him and describe my mothers appearance quickly.

„Wait, I think I've seen her. But you don't wanna know where she is..." he mumbles.

„Tell me okay?! I ain't got time for games." I reply annoyed.

„She went with my friend. To the restrooms. If you know-„ I cut him off.

„I am not dumb." I say angry and leave the bar.

The air outside is fresher and I try to think about everything.

I call my dad and tell him all about it. He listens, sighing all the time.

„I'll book you a flight for tomorrow. I'll tell you when it goes, see ya." he hangs up.

I sit on a bench outside and I can't feel happiness or anything. I'm just overwhelmed of my moms behavior.

„Need someone to walk you to your hotel?" someone asks me from behind.

„Mope." I answer and get up.

I see the beer guy walking towards me.

„You can't go alone." he utters and walks with me.

„But I don't want you to go with me okay? I got other problems."

„Like maybe being raped tonight? No, I'm walking you."

I roll my eyes and block any other kind of conversation.

—Aarons POV—

„Hey!" I smile when I see Lis picked up my skype-call.

„Hi." she says a little quiet.

„So tired? I should rather be the tired one." I smirk.

„Yeah, you know, I need to tell you something..." she says and refuses to look into her camera.

„What?" I ask concerned.

„In that bar, a guy kinda flirted with me.."

„He flirted WITH you?"

„No, I didn't say anything but he tried to talk to me if you know what I mean."

„Well then there's nothing you gotta worry about." I shrug. As long as she didn't flirt back too much, it was totally okay.

Of course, I don't like guys making up to my girlfriend but nothing happened, so why should I worry?

„I thought I just had to tell you." she still says with that uncomfortableness.

„Yeah, it's alright, don't worry." I smile at her and now she looks at me again.

„There's something else..." she hides a smile.

I look at her with a questioning face expressions.

„So there's actually a good and a bad thing about it. Which one you wanna hear first?"

„The bad one?" I more ask then utter.

„Obviously, my mom is a slut. I don't like to say that about a relative, but she doesn't feel like one so whatever. She got drunk to the max and then she went to the toilets with a man, being only a little older than me."

I am a little confused about:

her mom even taking her into a club

drinking in front of her daughter

fucking with a guy, she might only know for 10 minutes, when her daughter is with her.

„Where is she now?" is the first question I can think of.

„I dunno. I went to the hotel straight away and told my dad."

„What'd he say?"

„We're getting to the good news now." she smiles.

„Okay?" I say with a bit of curiosity.

„He was so shocked he booked a flight for me."

„When?" I ask excited.

She doesn't reply, but flips her camera and a few seconds later I see her suitcases.

„Today?" I ask and I can't realize it really.

„In 30 minutes my cab will be here." she flips her camera again and laughs at my overwhelmed face expression.

„Oh my god." I exclaim.

„So happy." she grins and I nod.

„Me too!" I am way too happy.

We talk a little more until her cab arrives.

I told her to text me when she's in the plane, that was 20 minutes ago, so I might have to wait for a long time.