Chapter 28 - anything else

"I didn't know you, but all I could think of was how can I make this girl happy for her birthday? And I thought about this for a long time now. Because I know since Chelsea and Parker are dating, she doesn't have that much time for you. And when I heard you're living with your dad, who's working like all the time, I knew you wouldn't have your family around that much, so they could care about you."

She turns her head, now facing the ceiling, but I carry on.

" We've not known eachother for very long now, but what I know is that sometimes you feel lonely, you think there's nobody here for you. And having this feeling inside is hard, cause you also feel lonely when there's people around you, because in your mind there's already the thought of sitting at home tonight and there's no one going to think about you. So I wanted you to be happy and forget about those thoughts for at least a second. I'm not sure if I've done it, but I've tried my very best. Because I love you Lisa."

A tear rolls down her cheek and she still faces the ceiling.

"You're right." her voice cracks. "But I'm not feeling alone when I'm around you. And that's special. You changed this whole thing... " she pauses. "You reached your goal. You're making me happy all the time and that's more worth then anything else."

I watch her tears dripping out of her eyes, when she looks towards me again.

"Why are you crying?" I chuckle.

"I don't know!" she laughs a bit.

"When is your dad usually leaving for work?" I ask her, having an idea in mind.

"Very early, I'm never awake when he leaves." she tells me, rolling her eyes.

"So he wouldn't notice if you'd not been sleeping here?" I smile.

She quickly gets up and goes to her closet. After letting down her hair and slipping on some sweatpants, she puts on the beanie:" Let's go!" she pulls me up from the bed.

Silent, we go out of her house.

I take her hand and she intertwines our fingers.

"This is the best birthday ever." she grins.

We slowly go down the street, when she pulls out her phone and tries to make a photo.

"What are you doing?" I ask her laughing a bit.

"Documenting. Now stop right here, I need the light of this street lamp." she advises me.

I try very bad not to laugh.

She gets out of her awkward pose again, I think she took her photo now.

"Show me."

"No." she rejects.

"Please?" I do my cutest puppy face of which I know she can't resist.

She shows me her phone display already having the picture uploaded to Instagram.

It's just our hands together and a little bit of the sidewalk.

The caption says: Thank You @ aaroncarpenter ❤️

"Aww." I laugh.

Lisa puts her phone back into her pocket.

Soon we end up in my room. In my bed, to be accurate.

I have one arm around her waist and we look at some YouTube videos.

We laugh a lot.

Though I'm very tired I don't want to sleep yet.

The laughing gets less and I realize she's asleep now.

I decide to take revenge. I take a pic of us in bed as good as I can and post it on Instagram as well.

She will hit me in the morning, I suppose and she will say I look terrible! but I don't care, she looks perfect in my opinion.

'when you read this tomorrow 1. happy birthday, 2. i love you ❤️ @ lisa.wrght'

Shortly after I also fall asleep.