Chapter 39 - chelsea

Does Chel think nobody cares about her, only because Lisa doesn't have that much time for her, because of me?

I have a feeling I really ruin their friendship, which I don't want to.

My phone wakes me out of thoughts.

"Hey Lis!" I smile at Lisa, who sits in a very dark room, her phone's display lightening her face.

"Hi.." she says and I can tell she is more than tired.

"Very jetlagged?" I frown.

"Yeah, I'm not allowed to sleep until it's at least 10pm  here and now it's 8am, but I'm so tired." she groans.

"Isn't your mom doing anything with you?" I ask.

"Well, she should be, because all the way I traveled for her, but turns out she didn't even have time to take me into her hotel from the airport." Lis tells me.

"I can't believe it! So your in Sweden for what, an hour, and she didn't even show up?" This is not a way you should treat your daughter, you haven't seen for about 7 years.

"Yeah, she gave her assistant the day off to 'entertain'me." she sighs.

I can only shake my head.

"So has something happened since I left?" she then asks.

"Um.. Quite a lot to be honest.Chelsea was here, like half an hour ago and she told me about Parker." I start to tell her.

"What happened?" she asks, slightly concerned.

"He cheated on her and she saw it." I answer short.

"What the hell?!" Lisa exclaims.

"Yeah, turned out Chelsea is a very let's say.." I look for a fitting word "different kind of breakup-girl."

"What do you mean by different?" Lisa frowns.

"Well, she seemed to be sad before she came here, but when she was here she became very angry." I say. I'm not looking forward to telling Lisa about what Chelsea was so angry, but I guess I have to.

"She said, our relationship would ruin your friendship.." I murmur.

"Let me guess. Chelsea told you, I would never have time for her and always hang around with other people?" Lisa seems to know that kind of problem.

"Um..." Actually I say yes by this, but it just feels too hard to tell her.

"Don't worry about that. She was drunk and always says stuff like that after a breakup." 

I nod.

"Let's talk about something else. Keep me awake!" Lisa laughs.

"Well, unfortunately I don't know what to talk about, sorry." I frown, grinning though.

She shrugs her shoulders.

"Any first impressions of Sweden?" I smile at her.

Somehow she seems even cuter to me when she is not styled and without her makeup and stuff, just the way she was right now.

"Uh, not much. It's green, not very warm and the city is pretty quiet compared to cities we have back in the US, but that's already it, I'm afraid." she talks.

"And are you excited experiencing new things in Stockholm later today?" I grin sarcastic.

"Yeah. Totally. Really looking forward to stomping around in that boring city alone." she rolls her eyes.

"Can't do anything about it..." I think I teased her a little too much. I want her to have fun.

"I know. I'm so tired though and I don't wanna go because I'm tired and -" 

"Babe, you're in a country really far away from home and one day you'll sit here and ask yourself, why you didn't have as much fun as possible in Sweden. So go out of your dark room and do something." I motivate her.

"But nothing is going to be fun alone." she replies.

"You didn't try anything yet AND you won't be alone because your moms assistant is with you. Maybe she's not that great kind of company but better than nobody." 

"You're right. Thankyou so much." a smile apears on her face.

"I love you, have a nice day. Oh and please tell Chelsea I love her too." she throws a kiss at me.

"First of all, I love you too and secondly I will. Bye. " I smile and hang up.

It's 2am by now, so I really need to catch some sleep.

Lisa isn't gone for a day now and I already miss her. But before I do, I decide to text Chelsea.

Wanna come over tomorrow? Just hang around?

I don't want her to stay alone all summer long so we could maybe just do something for our friendship.

She replies immediately.

Yeah, sure. Has Lisa called you yet?

Yes, I should tell you that she loves you.

Aw. I really miss her.

Same

I'll be there around 11? Still drunk I guess..

Yeah, feel free to come when you want.

I put my phone down and fall asleep a few minutes later.