Chapter 14 - blood

"Hell, no." I groan unlocking my phone to turn off my alarm.

Also Lisa opens her eyes tired.

"I don't want to get up." she growls.

I pull her up "C'mon Lis."

"I gotta take a shower." she says getting clothes out of her suitcase.

I pick a black pair of skinny jeans and a grey hoodie with blue stripes on it and get dressed after she leaves the room.

-convo-

To: Nash

Maybe I need your help..

From: Nash

With Lisa?

To: Nash

Ya

From: Nash

Just ask her in a moment you're both comfortable in. I think she won't say no.

To: Nash

Man, I dunno 

From: Nash

I'll talk to her, k?

To: Nash

But don't tell her that I think of asking her...

From: Nash

K, c u at school.

-end of convo-

I'm worried, but I trust Nash. We've been best friends since elementary and went through everything.

A phone bell rings once and it's not mine. I don't mind to infringe her privacy but I take a short look at her phone seeing an unknown number texted her:

You can't hide. I know exactly where you stay at.

Mason. I feel rage going up to my head and instantly I want to hurt him really bad.

I put her phone back in place and try to calm myself down.

I pack my school bag as she comes back.

"I used your blowdryer, I hope that's okay." she says.

"No, get your hair wet now!" I say serious before we both burst into laughter.

"Of course it's okay." I smile and go to the bathroom.

It smells like her shampoo in the whole bathroom. I brush my teeth and style my hair as usual.

"I smell totally like you now." I complain when I return to my room.

"You don't." she laughs at me.

"You finished?" I smirk.

"Yeah." she answers.

"Can we drive by at Dunkin'or Starbucks on the way? I really need some coffee." Lisa asks.

I nod and we get in my car. 

I stear towards Dunkin'and I'm kinda surprised seeing the girl, who wrote her number on the cup last time. I order 2 regular coffees and something to eat. 

"And you thought, I wasn't worth a text?" she says while she hands me the stuff I ordered. I give her the money and say:"Nah, I just don't think she's fine with that." I move a little and Lisa waves at her. I close the window and drive off.

While Lisa and I laugh really hard I watch the girl in the rearview mirror giving me a horrified look.

I hope she doesn't think about that sentence. Why should she mind if I texted that girl? Why did she mind when she saw the number on the cup?

"Is everything alright with you?" she asks me after a while.

"Yep." I reply.

I park in front of the school, getting in as fast as I can, because we're almost late.

Lisa gets rid of our empty cups and goes into her class.

"Hey Nash." I say sitting next to him.

"Hi." he replies short.

"I've got a problem. And I promised her to take care of it."

He gives me a questioning look.

"Her ex, Mason. He won't stop bothering her. I could use your help."

"Sure, what you thinking of?" 

"Something using no violence. Maybe threatening and intimidating him is enough." I suggest.

"Right. Let's meet up before lunch, alright?"

I nod and then we both concentrate on our lesson.

Shortly before lunch I wait for Nash in front of his locker.

Soon he shows up and together we find Mason.

"Ay, we gotta talk to you." Nash says and pulls him into a room.

"Stop persecuting and fucking texting Lisa." I growl.

"Or what." he grins at me and I clench my fist. I really want to punch his ugly face, but Nash holds me back.

"You better just stop it, you little asshole. Everyone thinks it's just really sad, you cry around because of her, after she broke up with you a year ago. The whole school hates you dick because you don't have any pride." 

"Can't you just get any other girl? Cause if you harass her one more time, I swear you're gonna swallow blood." I mean it as I say it.

"Okay, okay." he says quiet.

"Sorry I couldn't hear you?" 

"I'll stop it." he murmurs.

"If I see one more text, when I even catch you looking at her once more." I threaten him.

"Okay." he mumbles looking to the ground.

We let him go and I think we acted successfully. 

"Thanks bro." I say to Nash while we leave the room. 

"Whenever you need me. I gotta go, I'm eating with Lacey." he says and exits the school.

I walk towards Lisas locker, where she's already waiting for me.

I smile seeing her, leaning at her locker door casually, watching me go to her.

"Sorry I'm late. Me and Nash just took care of your Mason problem." I apologize and we're heading towards the cafeteria.

"I'm gonna thank you later, okay?" she smiles widely at me.

"Why so happy?" I ask her grinning.

"Nothing." she shrugs.

"C'mon, tell me."

"It's really nothing!" she laughs.