He opened his eyes and found her face close to his.

"Aap aise kyun so rahe ho Raman?" She asked in a sleep-drugged voice.

Two things registered in his mind:
1#She had spoken a coherent sentence
2#She had addressed him as Raman

This affirmed that he had not lost her, neither to her illness, nor to her past.

In a swift movement he leaned forward and hugged her tightly. He smiled, laughed like a maniac relieved on getting her back.

"Kya hua Raman?" She was confused with his actions and tried to get out of his hold to look at him. But his grip around her was too strong for her.

"Raman" she called out to him lovingly.

"Aap theek ho?" She asked rubbing his back.

He realised he was probably scaring her with his actions. He quickly wiped the tears at the corner of his eye and faced her with a smile.
"Mai theek hoon. Tum theek ho?" He tried to sound casual.

"Mujhe kya hua hai? Mai toh bas so rahi thi" she replied as it was something usual.

"Hmm...haan...tum so rahi thi" he repeated nervously trying to act normal.

"Par aap aise kyun behave kar rahe ho jaise mai marke zinda hui hoon" she teased and giggled.

'Mar toh mai gaya tha Ishita. Ab jaake zinda hua hoon' he spoke in his mind and a lone tear escaped his eye without a clue.

Ishita noticed the tear running on his cheek and held it in the tip of her finger. She looked at the tear, then at him.

"Kya hua hai Raman? Sab theek hai na?" She asked apprehensively.

"Kya...kya....hua hai...sab...theek...hai" he stammered looking everywhere but her.

"Ramannnnn! Look at me" she held his cheek and tried to read his eyes. Pain and fear were clearly written in them.

"Raman?" She called out his name like a question.

He shook his head vigorously in an attempt to rubbish her thoughts.

"Ruhi?" Ishita's mind went to the ruckus her daughter had created in his absence. She feared if something went wrong with her. She checked for Ruhi in the crib "Ruhi kahan hai Raman?"
She panicked on not finding Ruhi there "Ruhi theek toh hai na? Raman batao mujhe"

"Ishitaaaa" he tried to calm her down.
(I love how Raman calls her name when she panicks. That tone makes my heart go for him😍)

"Ruhi theek hai" he assured her.

"I don't trust you Raman. Aap mujhse kuch chupa rahe ho" she said.

That was it! And Raman's heart broke into zillion pieces. She doesn't trust him! That was the last thing he wanted to hear from her. He stood motionless like a statue.

Not getting an answer from him, she rushed to the next person she trusted the most after Raman "Maa....Maa"

"Maa Ruhi kahan hai? Kaisi hai woh? Woh theek hai na?" She bombarded Mrs.Bhalla with questions on finding her.

"Haan puttar. Ruhi theek hai aur use Simmi neeche le gayi hai tehlaane keliye" Mrs.Bhalla answered her query.

"Thank God" Ishita heaved a sigh of relief.

"Tu itni pareshan kyun lag rahi hai Ishita?" Mrs.Bhalla was worried.

"Aapke bete ne pareshan kar rakha hai mujhe Maa. Pata nahi kya hogaya hai unhe. Meri toh jaan hi le li thi unhone" she complained.