Chapter Thirty-Three

"Argh!"

That time, the impact on Sophie's back against the railing couldn't keep her from crying out. Her back was arched against the metal rail with the side of a long pipe being pushed down on her throat by a grinning Kitty.

Both women were sweaty, bleeding, and close to fatigue, but neither showed the other. They continued to one up the other with blows to the face, blades slicing against skin, tackling, and now there was a pipe.

Sophie leaned her head back, shutting her eyes tightly and bared her teeth. Her arms were shaking from the strain of pushing Kitty off her. The blonde leaned her weight more on the brunette, purposely kicking apart Sophie's legs to keep the losing woman from regaining advantage.

"Wes told me aaaaaaaall about this move, Sophie. He told me it was the one move you couldn't get out of. And I'm ecstatic to see that it proved to be true!" Kitty chuckled, using more force to wedge the pipe against the brunette's choking throat.

The brunette was gasping and grunting, but neither was helpful to getting Kitty off of her. It was obvious that Sophie needed some assistance and currently there was no one around to help her. Her team was dealing with their own problems and for now, Sophie was on her own.

Kitty cackled, raising her brows as she tilted her head and letting her blonde curls fall to the side.

"Looks like I will be the one leaving with my man, Soph! And I'll be sure to comfort him at losing his beloved Sophie--ACK!"

The pipe lodged against her throat had pulled back on its force, clattering to the floor in front of Sophie as she dropped to her knees and gasped in a desperate breath of air, clutching a hand to her neck. She swallowed over and over to moisten her dry wind pipes, opening her eyes to look to her left where Kitty was wrestling with none other than Elena. Sophie coughed, leaning her head down to catch her breath.

The strawberry blonde's hand pulled from Kitty's grasp and curled her fist just seconds to smashing it into the blonde's nose. Kitty's head snapped back against the metal walkway, but opened her eyes again to sneer at Elena pulling her arm back to throw another punch.

"You fuckin' traitor! You got ass-hurt because I'm replacing you, didn't you?!"

Kitty moved her head out of the way as Elena swung at her again, but then spat back at the blonde on top of her that Wes was right about Elena going soft eventually to no longer withhold her position as a leader.

"And he was right sooner than expected!"

Elena reached down taking Kitty by her jaw and squeezed tightly while using her other hand's bottom palm to press into her throat. She was using more force, her face blank as she was watching Kitty's eyes shut tightly, gagging on the pressure her throat was receiving.

The strawberry blonde curled her lip upward, leaning down to cooly inform Kitty that Elena was returning the favor of when her cousin saved Elena's life as a child. She narrowed her eyes, shaking her head and muttered, "No one is coming to save you."

Kitty's eyes rolled back, eye lids fluttering as her throat made strange noises. She was having a harder time breathing with the weight Elena was putting on her and Kitty glanced to the side weakly, catching sight of the pipe and reached for it.

Her fingers shook until they took hold of the pipe and squeezed her eyes shut to gather her strength when Kitty swung her pipe arm and hit Elena in the head. Elena toppled to the side, rolling over but jumped onto her feet.

Kitty shakily rose, using the metal bars to stand and gasped loudly with a sneer on her face. The pipe was still gripped in her hand tightly, looking from Elena to Sophie who were both blocking the sides of escape for the blonde in the middle.