Chapter 34

Lynnon's POV

I couldn't really sleep much last night. For one, I was extremely happy, and also because there was too much on my mind. I don't really know what all of this means. Are we back together or is last night just something that happened and we're still taking it slow? I want to ask her when she wakes up, but deep down I know she'll probably say something along the lines of the latter and I won't even lie and say that wouldn't suck. 

I get out of bed to go brush my teeth and I don't bother with putting any clothes on because I plan to get back in bed anyway. Once I finish in the bathroom, I slowly climb my way up the bed to lay next to Tori. She has her back towards me, so I gently move her hair to the side and I press a soft kiss on the back of her neck.

"Good morning." I whisper in her ear. One thing I've loved most about this trip, besides just getting to spend time with her, is waking up next to her. Nothing can beat flipping over and getting a face full of her curls or just her beautiful face being the first thing I see.

I lift my head up and I see a faint smile resting on Tori's lips, so I place another kiss on this side of her neck and she begins to stir awake. I stare down at her, patiently waiting for her to face me and I furrow my eyebrows when her eyes suddenly fly open.

Tori flips over onto her back and hides her face in her hands, "Oh, my gosh..."

"What's wrong?" I prop myself up on my right elbow and I let my left hand softly caress her bare, taut stomach.

"We had sex." Tori groans and slowly rubs her hands down her face before locking eyes with me.

"Yeah, and you seemed to really enjoy it." I smirk as memories of Tori moaning and coming floods into my mind. I bring my face down and I let my lips kiss along her collarbone.

"Stop." Tori pushes me back and sits up, pulling the sheets up to keep herself covered. "This is serious, Lynnon. We shouldn't have done that."

I sit up and I turn my body to face her, knitting my eyebrows together. There's a frantic look in her eyes and my heart sinks. She regrets what happened last night.

"Are you serious right now?"

"Yes, I'm serious. We're not–"

"We're not what, Tori?" I ask as I glare at her.

She lets out a dejected sigh, "We shouldn't have slept together. That was a mistake."

"So, making love to me is a mistake now?" I clench my jaw shut as I feel myself growing angry because I don't want her to be able to tell how much this is actually hurting me.

"No, Lyn–"

"Save it, Tori." I throw the sheets off of me and I climb out of bed, my eyes searching for my shirt from yesterday and I find it thrown over in the corner of the room. "You know, I asked you. I asked you if you wanted this, and what did you do? You stuck your tongue down my throat."

"I know...I just–I was caught up in the moment. I wasn't thinking straight," Tori says as she watches me put my shirt back on.

Caught up in the moment? What the hell kind of shit is that? What we did last night definitely lasted for much longer than a moment. A puzzled expression takes over my face because I really don't get where this is coming from.

"Why are you fighting this so hard," I ask, roughly putting my arm through the sleeve and I pull my shirt down. "It's clear that you want to be with me just as much as I want to be with you, so what's the problem?!"