Chapter 15

Lynnon's POV

L: Toriiiiiiii can I please come in now???? The anticipation is killing me!! I wanna see you 😩

Beanie baby 🙈💕✨: Lynnonnnn lol not yet. Just a few more minutes

L: You said that 15 minutes ago and can I just say that I don't think it's fair that Kamari gets to be in there and I don't 😒

Beanie baby 🙈💕✨: Oh stop whining you big baby. I'll let you in soon. I love you 😘

L: UGH!

Beanie baby 🙈💕✨: SAY IT BACK! 😠

L: 😳...I love you too

Beanie baby 🙈💕✨: 🙃

L: 🙄

I stuff my phone into my black clutch and I stand up from sitting on the bed to look over my outfit one last time. I tug at the fabric of my black dress, so it's not bunched up and I rub my hands down my body to smooth it out. I tuck some of the loose strands of hair framing my face behind my ear and take a deep breath in because today is the big day. Today is the day where my beautiful beanie baby of a girlfriend goes from Grammy nominated artist to Grammy award winning artist and words can't express how proud of her I am. She also gets to perform and I'm pretty sure I'm more nervous than Tori is.

Ever since she got the news of her nomination, she's been handling everything like a pro. I would be flipping out every five seconds with all the press, interviews, and social events, but she's just been enjoying the ride and fully taking in every experience as she goes along.

That's one of things I love about Tori. She always remains so humble and appreciative of every opportunity she's afforded. Despite the goals I know she wishes to achieve, she never fails to live in the moment and enjoy the things happening with her career now.

I walk out of the room into the common area of the suite where I find Noah and Hendrix looking handsome in their suits. They're both standing in front of a full length mirror primping themselves and going on about which singers they want to hit on.

"Yo if I see Kehlani, man," Hendrix says as he adjust his tie to his liking.

"Oh yeah. I got my eye on Zendaya or Selena Gomez." Noah tousles his hair before rubbing his fingers over his eyebrows.

"Word," Hendrix smirks at me through the mirror when he notices that I'm standing behind them, "who do you have your eye on, Lyn?"

Noah snickers as he turns around, placing his hands in his pockets, "I think it's that girl that's nominated for best new artist or something."

"Oh, I know who you're talking about. She has the curls and the amazing voice. What's her name?"

Noah purses his lips as he pretends to think, "Umm...isn't like Toni something?"

Hendrix shakes his head and folds his arms over his chest, "No, I think it's Torrance or something close to it."

I blankly stare at them and I'm trying to fight off the smile that wants to take over my face because Lord know these two get on my last nerves, but I love them. Noah has his face scrunched up while he scratches his head and Hendrix sports a faux, pensive expression as he taps his index finger against his lips.

"Tori!" Hendrix finally says. "Her name is Tori Kelly."

"Yup, that's it," Noah agrees.

"You don't really think you have a chance with her," Hendrix asks in a serious tone.