The Family Reuinion

Jesse's P.O.V:

"Do we have to go?" She asked. I knew what she was thinking. My family is crazy, I knew that, but I also knew they'd love her. "Tanya, it'll be ok. Trust me." I pulled her in close. "My family will love you." I soothed. "Well, I do want to see who created this masterpiece." She gestured to me. "Come on, let's get ready and then we'll get going." She nodded. "Okay, let's do this. I'll pack them some of our freshly baked cookies." I kissed her forehead. "I love you, Tanya." "I love you too, Jesse." She replied.

Once we were dressed, we got into the car. Tanya was in a nice navy dress and I was in a suit with a matching navy tie. She suggested dressing fancy because we were meeting up with all of my family members. "Do we have everything, dear?" I asked. "Yes, including these delicious cookies!" Tanya burst. "Good, I think we're ready then." I put the car into drive and off we went.

Tanya's P.O.V:

"Jesse, dear, is that you?" Came a shrill voice. I was guessing it was his mom. A young woman turned the corner. She wore a gorgeous dress and had beautiful, long, brown curls. "Who's this, dear?" She asked. "Mom, this is Tanya, my girlfriend." Came Jesse's response. I held him closer. "Hello, Ms. Eisenberg. It's so nice to meet you. I brought you cookies." I held out the cookies. She took them and walked away, without another word. "I'm sorry about her, she's never been the fondest of my girlfriends." I nodded. "Well, I'm going to try to make a good impression." I said, determined.

We walked into the backyard, where everyone was sitting. "Everyone, this is my girlfriend, Tanya. Tanya, this is everyone. Including my mom and dad." Jesse motioned to the couple sitting in the fanciest lawn chairs possible. "Hello everyone. I'm very pleased to meet you." I said as nicely as possible. "Please, you don't want to be here. I can see it in your eyes. You think we're crazy, and you haven't even truly met us yet." Snapped his mom. I stayed silent. "Mom, please. Give her a chance. Tanya is the greatest thing to happen to me." Jesse said, defending me. "Where's Callie? I liked Callie. She was a sweet girl." Jesse's mom retorted. "Mom, I broke up with Callie a year ago. Please can you just be happy for once? I don't want to go through this again." "Fine. Then leave, Jesse. And take this female dog with you too." It was at this time where I lost it.

"Excuse me? I am not a female dog. I am a smart, kind young woman. I love your son and he loves me and I don't think you have any right to be treating me this way. I have tried to be nice to you. I brought you cookies and put on my best smile but you know what? I didn't want to come here. I wanted to stay home because I knew I'd be picked on. I knew no matter how much I tried, you'd never like me. I wanted to sincerely try because I wanted to make Jesse, your son happy. That's all I ever want to do.

Jesse means the world to me and I wouldn't trade anything for him. Someday, we plan on getting married and I'm sorry, but that's what's going to happen, and you can't stop it. We are in love and happy together. I'm sorry that doesn't satisfy you."

Everyone stared at me in shock. "You know, Tanya's right, Mom. Every single girlfriend I've had tries and tries to be nice to you, and you always shoot them down. It's not fair. You're hurting them and me. We're leaving, I've had enough. And we're taking the cookies back. They're delicious." Jesse replied, backing me up. "Fine, go. But don't expect to be invited back next year." His mom sneered. And with that Jesse grabbed my hand and led me back to the car, after collecting our cookies.

"Jesse, I'm so sorry about that." I cried. "Hey, baby girl, don't be sorry. She deserved that. And, if she doesn't want us coming back next year, then who cares? We're not invited to the reunion? She's not invited to our wedding." He replied. I smiled. "Jesse, I seriously love you." "I seriously love you, too, Tanya."