The Staff Meeting

"Lex, baby, wake up. You have to get ready for work." I tapped on my husband, Lex's shoulder. "But I'm tired, Tami." He complained. I was used to this. "Lex, you can't sleep in." "Why not?" Came his reply, challenging me. "This is your company, Lex. You can't show up late at your own company." A smile spread across his lips as he sat up straight. "You're very convincing, my dear." He teased. I rolled my eyes and pulled him out of bed. "C'mon Lex, get up and get dressed. You have a meeting today, remember? All of the staff need to be there." "Will you be there?" He asked. He was obviously still tired since he was the one who hired me. I "Lex, you hired me. I will be there." I replied. He smiled again. "Good. I'll need someone to make me happy while I'm there as I'm exhausted." It was my turn to smile. "Get ready, baby, I'll make some breakfast. Then we'll go."

I made my way to our kitchen and prepared some heart-shaped waffles with fruit. I poured two glasses of orange juice and set the table. "Breakfast is ready!" I called up the stairs. "Almost ready! Just brushing my hair!" He answered. I sat down and waited for Lex. Not long after, he came down the stairs and sat next to me. I admired his suit and he did the same to me, except with my dress. "You look great in that black dress, baby girl." He said, putting a hand on my shoulder. "As do you in that suit." I replied. "Now eat up, we need to make the staff meeting."

We finished our breakfast and cleaned up quickly. I started the car and Lex drove us to LexCorp. When we arrived, we walked in together and heard the whispers. By now, I was used to it all. I was married to the owner of LexCorp. Everyone referred to us as the "power couple" of the company. We had been together since the building was opened. We loved each other. We of course, still do, our love has only grown from then. Lex and I made our way to the conference room and sat down in two chairs, side-by-side.

"Good morning everybody." Spoke a soft voice. We all turned to see a small woman walk into the room. I knew her to be Susette Stone. She was a gorgeous woman and very confident. "Today I called you all hear for a special meeting. We need to let go some of our staff." Everyone was silent. We all knew we could be let go. Susette continued. "I contacted the board and they said I could let anyone I felt necessary go." Susette was in high power here at LexCorp. She also had a huge crush on Lex. That's why I felt a huge knot in my stomach. "Now, if you hear your name, please, pack your things and leave." She pulled out a list and began reading off names.

"Jenny Skinner, Marcus Skinner, Tom Nickle, Emmy Smith, Tami Luthor-" "No." Came a strong voice. Lex. "Tami is not leaving LexCorp." Susette wasn't backing down. "She's on my list, Lex. She needs to go." "Please Susette. We all know the only reason you want Tami gone is because you love me and want me for yourself. Well Susette, that's never going to happen. I love Tami. Here, let me make a quick phone call." Lex pulled out his phone while everyone, including myself, sat there in awe of what he just did. After dialing the number, he put his phone on speaker.

"Hello?" A voice from the board was clearly audible through the speaker. "Hello, Mr. Dingle?" Lex asked. "This is him. May I ask who's calling?" "Lex Luthor, of LexCorp." "Ah, Lex. Nice to hear from you." Mr. Dingle said. "Mr. Dingle, is it true you gave Susette Stone the power to fire anyone who she felt necessary?" Susette had a look of worry on her face by now. "Yes, I did, Lex." "Well, I was wondering, since I am the creator of LexCorp, would I be able to do that as well?" A grin spread across my face. "Why yes, of course you may." Mr. Dingle replied. "Wonderful. Have a great rest of your day Mr. Dingle." Lex said politely. "You too, Lex." Lex hung up and turned to the group. "Susette, you're being let go. Anyone who Susette let go is welcome back. Especially Tami." He looked over at me and I gave him a huge hug and kiss. "Thank you, Lex." "I am so glad I didn't miss this meeting." He responded. We shared a laugh and watched as Susette exited the building.

A/N: I know some of this information isn't quite accurate but it helped with the flow of the story☺
Xoxo, Genny!