Injured On Set

A/N: The idea for this story was given to me by CandySmith74.

Sorry this took me a while to create, I've been pretty busy since school let out.

Also, this story will be told in Jesse's point of view.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on the set of Zombieland when it happened. It, being the accident.

~The Accident~

"Hey, Jesse, can you come over here please? I need help lifting this light." I heard Woody's voice calling me over. "Sure Woody, be there in a sec!" I made my way over to him and took the light in my arms. Then, it happened.

My hand slipped, the light fumbled and then it came crashing down. Right onto my left foot. Immediately I felt nothing. All feeling went through the window as I cursed lightly and began to hop around.

"Jesse are you alright?" Woody's voice filled with fear and anxiousness. I didn't respond, all I could think about was the searing pain in my foot. Then I saw the blood. It started pouring out of me and creating a pool in my shoe. I winced as I felt Woody pick me up and behind me I heard Emma call 911. She told them I was out in front of the set. I assumed that was where I was being taken.

Slowly, I was placed down on the ground as the sound of sirens filled my ears. They were getting closer and closer. I felt strong arms of the paramedics pick me up and rush me to their ambulance before my world went black.

I woke up in a hospital bed and the first thing I saw was Woody and Emma, asleep in the chairs next to me. It was sweet that they cared so much about me. I reached out and poked them both. "Hey guys, wake up." They opened their eyes and smiled. "Jesse! You're okay!" Both of them climbed on top of me and gave me a big hug. "I'm fine, just watch the foot please, it's still in a lot of pain." They nodded in understanding and climbed back down. "Okay, so what happened after I passed out?" I asked.

Woody stood up. "Well, after you passed out due to blood loss, the ambulance rushed you to ER where they mended you and figured out that you have a broken foot. You'll need to stay here for a couple of days, but then you can go home." Woody answered. I frowned. "But what about Zombieland?" "They're holding the production. They can't film without one of the stars." Emma said cooly. I chuckled. "We're here for you, Jesse. I don't know about Emma, but I'm not leaving your side until you're better. I'm going to help you out." Woody said. At the time, I took that with a grain of salt. But soon I realized he wasn't kidding.

~After My Foot Healed~

Woody stood by me until I was completely healed. He helped make me food, helped me get things that I needed, he even helped me bathe, as weird as that was. Emma dropped by now and then to help but she was nothing compared to Woody. Woody was right. He didn't leave my side. And boy was I grateful for that.