Flowers

One day, you're sitting on the curb, crying. You had just found out that your dog had died and it hit you really hard.

Suddenly, a stranger walks by you. He notices that you're crying and quickly rushes to the nearest flower store to buy you a small bouquet.

"I saw that you were crying and I just wanted to make you feel better." He says sweetly. A smile quickly spreads across your face. "Thank you, that's really generous of you." You reply. The stranger sticks out his hand and introduces himself. "I'm Jesse Eisenberg. I just moved here a couple days ago and am still exploring the place." You shake his hand. "I'm Y/N. And I can give you a tour if you'd like." You say. He nods. "That'd be perfect, thanks so much."

You wipe your tears and begin to show Jesse around New York.

After showing Jesse various attractions, he pulls you to the side.

"Hey, remember that one restaurant you showed me, about 20 feet back?" He asked. You smile, remembering the exact one. LaFloeur it was called. French for 'the flower'. You used to go to it all the time when you were a child. "Yes." You answer. "Would you maybe like to go for lunch there? With me?" He looked down at his feet, a soft blush appearing on his cheeks. You giggle. In one swift movement you take his hand in yours and pull him along gently to the restaurant.

When we got there, you turn to him and say, "Does that answer your question?" He laughed and a big smile covered his face. "Perfectly." Was all he said.

A waiter came almost immediately and you both order. You order the Ravioli and Jesse orders the Chicken Caesar Salad. You eat peacefully for about 10 minutes before you start talking.

"You're really sweet, Jesse." You say with a grin. "Thank you." He replies. You talk over lunch and soon, it comes to an end.

"I had a great time at lunch with you. And touring the city." Jesse says, pulling you in closer to him. You blush. "So did I, it was nice." You say in return. "You know, I'd love to see more of you." Jesse says playfully while pulling out a piece of paper and a pen. He jots down his number and hands it to you.

"Call me." He says. He quickly kisses your cheek, sends you a small wink and walks off, out to explore more of New York.

You clutch the number to your chest and smile.

'Thank you Jesse for the flowers.'