18

"Summer!" I yelled, running through the house.
I've been looking for Summer for a good five minutes, and I still haven't found her yet.
I ran up the stairs, and noticed blood on the floor.
"Oh my god Summer where are you!" I yelled again, by now I was panicking.
I heard a faint "Jake" come from a guest room, and I burst the door to the room open.
"Oh my god summer" I said, as I noticed my girlfriend lying on the ground, bleeding.
"Its okay, I'm okay" she said as I pushed her hair out of her face.
I picked her up, and carried her out of the room.
"What the hell happened?" I asked, while walking down the stairs.
"The killer was here. Where's Brooke?" She asked.
"She's okay." I said.

I walked out to the backyard, and set Summer down in a chair around Tue others.
I sat down next to her, and she leaned her head on my shoulder.
"Summer, Brooke and you are lucky to be alive. Leaving survivors isn't exactly this guys MO." I said to Audrey.
"I don't know, you survived. Twice." Noah said to me.
"Yeah, being a hero" I replied. I heard Summer let out a small chuckle next to me and I smiled.
"God, can someone please call a doctor so I survive?" Brooke asked.
"Cell phones are still out" Emma told her.
"There's a landline in the kitchen."
"A landline? What is this, 1996?" I questioned.

***

Summers POV•

The others were talking, while I leaned my head on Jakes shoulder. Kieran had bandaged up my arm, and gave me an ice pack for my head.
I looked around at my friends, and noticed Emma wasn't back from the house yet.
Then I heard a scream.
I looked at the others, and realized they didn't hear it.
I didn't hesitate to shoot up from my seat and run towards where I heard it come from.

When I came up to the dock, Emma's mom was laying on the ground holding her side and Emma was standing at the side of the dock, holding her stomach.
I gasped when I saw the blood.
The killer was standing in front of them.
Maggie and Emma both looked at me, causing the killer to turn around.
Piper Shaw is the Lakewood slasher.

"Its you" I said.
"Its me" Piper replied.
"You killed my brother." My voice was shaky.
"Yeah, I did. Did you like how I did it? It was quite a show huh?" Piper smirked.
I noticed a kitchen knife on the ground a few feet away from me.
"You sick son of a bitch." I said, and ran towards the knife.
I grabbed it before Piper could do anything, and ran towards her.
I swung the knife at her a few times, until she eventually managed to knock it out of my hand.
I backed away from her, and my back hit the side of the dock.
She continued walking towards me.

"You know Summer, you were always that feisty, demanding type. You care a lot more than you let on. Maybe someday, someone will remember you for that." She said, stopping and crossing her arms, pointing the end of her knife at me.
"And what are they going to remember you as? A psychotic killer who deserves the death sentence?" I questioned, cocking my head.
"You're going to wish you hadn't said that." Piper said, and she dove for me. I didn't move away fast enough, and her knife plunged straight into my abdomen.
I know I let out an ear piercing scream that the others at the house probably heard.
When Piper pulled the knife out of my stomach, I felt my legs give out, and I fell to the ground.

I laid and watched as everything else happened.
Audrey shot Piper.
Then Emma shot Piper.
Audrey ran over to me, and pressed her hands down on my stab.
I was bleeding a lot, more than I should be.

"The stars look pretty tonight" I smiled and Audrey looked up, and back down at me.
"No no no, Summer stay with me." She said, worriedly.
"Don't you like the stars?" I frowned.
"Summer the stars aren't out tonight. Its cloudy." Audrey said.

I heard loud footsteps coming down the dock.
"Summer?!" Jake yelled.
"Piper stabbed her. Jake she's bleeding a lot, its not slowing down." Audrey's eyes were watering, and her hands were shaking.
Jake kneeled down next to me, and cupped my face with his hands.
"I'm tired" I said.
"No Summer, no you're not. Summer keep your eyes open. Helps on the way." He said.
I noticed his watering eyes.
"I'm sorry. I love you." I said, and my eyes closed.

***

Beeping.
That's what I heard.

I slowly opened by eyes, blinded by bright lights.
I looked around.
I'm in a hospital. And Jake is asleep next to my bed.

I grabbed a stuffed bear that was on my bedside table, and threw it at him.
He snapped awake, and stood up.

"Oh thank god you're awake." He said, kissing my forehead.
I laughed.
"How are you feeling?" He asked.
"My stomach hurts. Other than that I'm fine." I said, and Jake sat on the edge of my bed.
"I can't believe it was Piper. She killed Will. Riley. Nina. Sheriff. Nearly killed four other people. It was all her." I said, looking down at my hands.
"Yeah." Jake said.
"You know, now that I know who did this, it kind of feels better." I said.
"What do you mean?" Jake asked.
"Well, Piper killed Will. When he died I felt like he couldn't truly rest in peace till I knew who did it."
"And now you know"
"And I feel like he can really rest." I finished Jakes sentence.

"And were all okay. Were all alive. And here. And this is over now. Were all gonna be okay." I said, grabbing Jakes hand.
He smiled, and pressed his lips against mine.
"Yeah, we are."

If only I knew what was to come.