chapter seven ⇾ arrogant

"Well, getting away for a little bit was fun

"Well, getting away for a little bit was fun. I needed that. Thanks Will." Summer said to Will as they left the restaurant. He smiled at her, and she continued driving home.

When they got back to the house, both of their phones dinged.
They looked at each other, and then the text.
When Summer opened it, her hand flew to her mouth and Will dropped his phone.

"Oh my god, Will." Summer said as stared at her phone screen.
On it was Emma and Will having sex. It was Emma's first time.

"Wait so they're letting you come back three days early?" Jake asked through the phone as Summer got ready for school

"Yeah. Apparently I really have to be there to prepare for the midterms. I'm glad I can be there with Emma." Summer pulled on a green hoodie over her tank top. She slipped on a black pair of Nike roshes.

"Okay well, I'm gonna go because I'm going to the cafe before school. Do you want anything?" Jake asked.

"An iced caramel macchiato with coconut milk would be perfect. Thank you" Summer replied, grabbing her bag, starting to make her way down to the lower floor of the house.

"Okay, see you at school, I love you."

"I love you too" Summer said, hanging up her phone.

"So they're letting you go back?" Adeline asked as Summer sat down at a bar stool. Her mother offered her a plate of eggs, which she kindly refused.

"Yeah, if it wasn't for the midterms I probably would've had to waited the whole week." Summer explained, tapping her nails against the counter.

"Are you feeling better today?" Her mom asked, drying some dishes and putting them away.

"Yeah, the stuff Jake brought over mixed with a few hours of sleep made me feel better." Summer sighed.

"I wasn't talking about your stomach." Her mom said, giving her a sad smile, she was talking about Riley.

When Summer got home the previous night, she sat on the couch and her mom pulled her into her arms.
Summer had felt numb to feelings, and she couldn't cry. She didn't know what to do.