14

Everyone had finally left my house, besides a truck that would be moving the machine that killed Will.

I heard a knock on my door, and my mom walked in.
She walked over to my bed where I was laying in a bundle of blankets, to hand me something.
A picture album.
Full of pictures of Will and I.
My mom always took pictures of Will and I when we were little, and she still does. Or did.
She gave me the photo album, and set two pills and a bottle of water on my bedside table.
The pills were supposed to help me sleep. Emma had been prescribed to the same meds, and she had to do a variety of things to help.

My mom asked me if I wanted to do grief counseling, but I told her no because the last thing I want is to talk about how I feel about my brother dying.

She walked out of my room, and I sat up.
I glanced into my mirror on my bedside table.
I was a mess.
I had pulled my hair back into a ponytail, and laying on it made it even messier.
I hadn't gotten much sleep, so the bags under my eyes were darker than usual.
I was wearing one of Wills T-shirts, and a pair of black Nike pro shorts.

I opened the album, and smiled. The first picture was of Will and I as newborns. We were laying directly next to each other, and my foot was in his face.
I kept flipping through the album, and let out a mix of a laugh and a cry when I got to a picture of Will and I when we were 6.
It was Halloween, I was dressed as cat women, and Will was superman.
I kept tripping that night and losing my candy because the shoes to my costume were too big, and Will shared his candy with me.

By the time I got to the end of the book, I was full on sobbing.
The last picture was of Will and I on a weekend vacation we went on with our parents, we went two weekends ago.
I was on Wills back, and we both had huge smiles plastered on our faces.
We were happy.

I wiped my eyes, and got up, walking over to my closet.
I reached in it and grabbed a pair of blue skinny jeans and a black leather jacket.
I pulled off Wills shirt and my short and put on the clothes in my hands.
I put on a pair of black calf high boots.
I took one last glance in the mirror, and walked over to my bedside table, grabbing my phone and then walking to my desk and grabbing my purse off of it.

When I walked down the stairs, my mom was staring out the kitchen window.
She turned and looked at me, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Summer, its 9:00 at night. Where you goin?" She asked while I walked over to our key hooks to get my keys.
When I went to grab my keys, Wills were hanging right before mine.
"I'm gonna go see Jake. Maybe grab a coffee." I replied. "Do you want anything?" I asked, grabbing Will's keys and mine.
She shook her head, and I held up Wills keys.
"What are we doing with his truck?" I asked.
"Well, your father and I haven't decided yet. We might give it away." She replied.
"Don't. I'll drive it along with my car. His truck was basically his child, we shouldn't get rid of it." I said, walking over to her.
She nodded. "You're right. I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep it." She said, hugging me.
"I'll be back soon." I said to her, walking out the door.

***

When I walked into Jakes room, he was asleep.
I slowly walked over to him and leaned down, pressing my lips against his cheek.
He stirred in his sleep before waking up, and rubbing his eyes.

I sat down on the edge of his bed and he let out a groggy "Summer".
"Hey" I whispered, cupping his face with my hand and running my thumb over his cheek.
"I'm sorry" he said, sitting up and looking at me.
"Its okay." I lied.
"No its not. Summer i know you, and I know you act like everything is okay so you won't hurt the people you love. I know you're hurting." Jake grabbed my hand.

I looked down. "I don't know what to do. My mom asked me if I want to do grief counseling, should I? I mean would it help?" I asked Jake.
"Do you think you need it?" He asked me, rubbing his thumb over mine.
"I don't know. I haven't slept. When I do I just see it. I see him. It replays in my head." My eyes were watering, and my voice cracked again.

"Hey hey hey, come here." Jake said, moving over so I could lay next to him.
I laid down, and we adjusted ourselves so I wasn't hurting his chest.
He wrapped his arms around me, and kissed my head.

"I'll be here for you Summer. I love you. Never forget that." Jake said, and I closed my eyes, snuggling my face into the crook of his neck.
"I love you too" I said.

Jake fell asleep quickly due to his pain meds, and I reached over him and grabbed my phone.
I texted my mom so she wouldn't panic about where I was, and she replied with a heart, saying she'll see me tomorrow.

I set my phone back down, and cuddled into Jake again.
A hospital worker came in and placed a filled pitcher of water on his tray, and smiled at me.
I returned the smile, and drifted off to sleep.

A/N- This was supposed to be posted earlier, but I was working on another book I'm writing, but here u go.

(If you're reading this comment your favorite scream character.)