Chapter 7

I walked back into the house and down the hallway that led to the foyer. I turned to my right and saw Stiles and Scott in the living room talking among themselves. Neither Liam nor the twins were no were to be found.

"Hey," I called out to Lydia and Kira who were cleaning up the kitchen and putting the food away in the fridge. "Have you seen Liam?"

"No," Kira said, her eyes never leaving the Tupperware and trying to close it shut.

"Yes," Lydia answered as she closed the dishwasher. "He's outside. In the front yard with the girls I think."

"Thanks," I turned around and walked towards the front door. I couldn't help but hear Kira ask Lydia a question. "Do you think they'll finally get together?"

"I don't know," Lydia said sadly. "I know she still misses Isaac, but it's been years..." I closed the front door shut, hoping it would drown out Lydia and Kira's conversation. I sighed and rested my head against the cold wooden door.

"I'm sorry today has been such a hard day for you," Liam's voice startled me, making me jump away from the door. I turned around with my hand above my heart. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay," I calmed myself down and walked towards the front porch swing. I sat next to Liam and looked out at my front yard. I noticed the twins were lying down on the grass and looking up at the night sky. The silence was comfortable yet slightly awkward as well. It had been a long, hard day and I couldn't have done it without Liam.

"Liam, I want to thank you for everything you've done these past couple of days. You've helped me out in more ways than I could have ever asked for, and I can't tell you how much easier all of this has been because of you." I turned to face Liam and locked my eyes with his soft blue eyes. Looking at his sapphire eyes made my body feel at ease, almost as if my body knew I was safe around him.

"I mean the eulogy you gave at the funeral was just perfect and then what you said to me earlier today, it really hit me hard. You always did have a way with words." I reached in and grabbed his hand as I remembered every word he wrote in the emails he sent me what seemed like a hundred years ago.

"I know we haven't been friends in years, but honestly, I don't know how else to say it other than thank you for being here for me, Liam." I squeezed his hand in mine.

"I can't describe or explain how important he was to me, but just know I loved your dad too." Liam squeezed my hand back, as his eyes never broke away from mine. "No matter how far we are, if we're talking or not, friends or not, I'll always be there for you."

The words tugged my heart making my lips form a small smile at the old familiar words. I pulled my hand away and looked back at the front yard, seeing the girls pointing up at the sky. "What are they doing?" I whispered at Liam.

"They're looking at the stars and talking to your dad." A sudden pang hit my heart. I wished I had known how important the girls were to my dad. I wished I had known how close they were and the things they bonded over throughout their years. Then maybe, just maybe, they might have been a part of my life too.

"You know where would be a great spot for that?" I asked, my eyes never leaving the girls.

"The merry go around at the park?" Liam questioned, almost as if he was reading my mind.

I looked at Liam, who turned around and looked back at me. I could see it in his eyes that he was remembering too. The merry go around was our spot, the one place we'd go and talk about what's bothering us, let out all the tears we've been holding back, share our secrets, just lay down on the ride and look up at the sky as we saw the world spin in front of our eyes.