Chapter 1: Him

I really don't understand why there are actual people who love waking up early in the morning. I don't know how and where did they get all the strength to get themselves off of their beds and immediately take a shower then prepare themselves for the entire day. I've been asking myself the same question for so many years and still can't fucking figure out every single thing. Every time my alarm clock would disturb my sleep, I always imagine myself holding a gun and I would shoot the shit out of my phone until it stops ringing. I never liked the cruel idea of waking up at six in the fucking morning to prepare myself for long hours of torture in high school.

And what's worse, we all need to that for a week, don't we? Fuck school.

I got up in my bed groaning with blankets still covering my entire body, keeping me warm. I didn't do what exactly I always imagine with my phone in the morning. Of course, I mean, that would be fucking insane. I grabbed it from my bedside table to turn the alarm off and started scrolling over the messages I got last night. It was over a hundred messages from people who attended the party I didn't go to last night, calling me a "dickwad" from doing so. I didn't mind, though. I like going to late night parties but there are really nights that I would rather just sleep.

It didn't take me an hour to get myself ready for the day since I didn't have any hangover to stop me from getting out of my bed or wanting to set myself on fire because of a massive headache. After almost twenty minutes of walking my way to school, I reached the campus gate and made my way in.

Just like how it's always been, my school days wouldn't start the way it has to be without my friends resting their backs on our lockers, waiting for me. Luke, the person considered as the "most popular guy" as Ashton would like to call him, is staring at nothing in particular with dark circles around his eyes and a beanie on his head. Same with Ashton, the noisiest person I've ever met, seemed quiet on a Monday morning. And there goes Michael, my one mysterious friend, as Ashton again always calls him, remained as calm as he always was while staring at probably some new girl walking down the hallway. By that, I knew it was time I make my way in.

"That," I started speaking as I take my Biology book out of my locker which always looked new because I never really payed attention in class. "That is what you call hangover, my friends."

"I honestly feel more like we're about to be sacrificed to Satan because of this fucking headache, man." Ashton groaned. "I feel like I'm about to lose my dick."

"Then stop putting it inside each and every girls' mouth, hoe." Luke butting in and making himself a part of the conversation.

Ashton took out a piece of gum from his pocket before looking towards Luke. "Shut the fuck up, Britney Spears."

I don't know how Ashton makes every single thing he says funny but Michael and I laughed anyways. We know how Luke doesn't like it when people make fun of him about being blonde—which we don't know why—but he laughed along as well. He was about to shoot his comeback but the bell interrupted us, making the hallways a busy one as usual.

It may sound weird for some reasons but I've always liked being alone in the hallways in the morning after everyone has gone into their respective classes. Luke has made fun of me about this when I told them about it and called me an "emo", but we all got used to this anyway. Since then, they always leave me behind and just go to class without me. After a minute, the hallway is surely empty now and it's about time I start walking my way to class. I remember the last time I got late for this doing this, I had to write an essay about something I don't have any idea about. I was suffering from hangover that time so it was pure fucking torture. I don't ever want that to happen anymore. So then, I grabbed my bag from the floor and ran my way to my class, carrying the books that I barely even use, and bumped into something I thought wasn't there.

Alright, scratch that part. It was someone.

We both fell into the ground and everything she's carrying scattered all over the floor. It was all over where we are and I know I had to help her though I also know that I'm gonna be late in class if ever I did that. She looked so tensed while picking up all of her stuff including her phone that I pray to every single thing out there, didn't have a crack on it. I wanted to focus on maybe giving her some help but her hair and her eyes seemed to be a little distraction. Those gray eyes were unfamiliar but felt strangely familiar at the same time. Who is she, anyway?

"Wow, thanks a lot for helping." She blurted out sarcastically, and for some reasons it sounded odd to me. I can feel like she's in a hurry but maybe there's more to that. When she was done, she walked away without saying anything anymore.

And so, there she goes.

Gray eyes, my mind says. Why didn't you help her, you asshole?

Ah, fuck.