Leaving Sounds of Silence Behind

Start from the beginning

"Still, might be better to avoid making a public mess here. Just because we've got a nasty record already building up doesn't mean we should keep adding to it when there's chance of avoiding it." Shimo concluded to which no one appeared to object.

"Well, you guys are welcome to stay here as long as you need. I've run my own art smuggling operation for my gallery so if I was caught by the Syndicate I'd have been screwed big time. You gave everyone hope that those fuckers will be kicked out, maybe one day I'll actually open my gallery publically." The painter and the owner of the house that everyone was staying in affirmed that there was no rush to leave.

"The public likes the Syndicate..." Mana looked down placing the roll of pancake and syrup down on her plate and pushing it away. Remembering her inner pain made her lose all appetite. She had never thought that she'd see the day when people supported criminals running the whole ship just because they openly killed any criminals unassociated with them. The very thought that such a system would be acceptable to the public made Mana very sad and whacked her hope of someday making her dream come true right in the head.

"That they do... You have to understand, they've been controlled by a band of criminals ever since the village was founded. To them, the Syndicate is just another political party..." The artist nodded looking at Mana with a sad stare as if pitying her sadness before standing back up and leaving towards the kitchen.

"Well, we're not staying for too long anyways..." Mana concluded standing up and walking down the hall to pick up the bag that had the sphere inside it. The magician carried it back and placed it to her feet before drawing the little ball out of it and rolling it in between her open hands, examining the craftsmanship in it.

Notasa looked at Carnefici it was evident that she wanted to say something but was a little hesitant to do so. It must've been tough – having two minds inside one's head and constantly having to speak for both voices. Usually, the powerful seals used for Jinchuuriki sealed the beasts away deep and had to be loosened for some of the beast's consciousness to leak out. Communicating with the Tailed Beast required great mastery over the seal, one's own body and great experience communicating with the beast as well as a good relationship. Notasa's seal was thin as a bride's veil, Synth could've broken out at any point whenever she wanted to and could seemingly freely communicate with Notasa at any point.

"I've run this past Synth and we agreed that finding a master to strengthen the seal would be the right idea..." The musician spoke to Carnefici who just closed his eyes.

"There are no sealing masters in this village, it's a relatively unpopular branch of specialization and it's a dangerous world out there, my lady," He warned.

"Yes, I know that but... A journey like that would help me understand Synth and it'd get to understand me, it'd be a bonding trip but also it'd finalize our union. Synth doesn't want to hurt me or kill me if she ever broke out of the seal, plus, with our powers combined what could we possibly have to fear?" The musician gave her bodyguard a hopeful smile.

Carnefici just shrugged, "You're the lady, I'm just your bodyguard. If you wish to find a sealing master then I'll follow you wherever you go. Although you underestimate what transpires outside these walls. Maybe it would be a good experience for you to step out for once and see this world for what it truly is".

"Before that, I believe I've made a promise." Notasa smiled to Mana and picked up the sphere from her hands. The musician observed the sphere and looked around it flipping it and rolling it around to see all of its angles, she then asked for a pen and paper to write some things down. It took the young woman a good half an hour to finish the puzzle and write everything she needed down.