Freak Like Me

Shimo was going through a new set of feelings while he followed Carnefici and Notasa around. The tall man effortlessly moved aside the massive debris and pushed it over, making a comfortable corridor for the young singer and composer to pass through. Several times he even smashed the debris with a single careless flick of his wrist reducing the whole structure to dust. Carnefici was certainly a powerful man, as a person who walked with his heart by his sword Shimo inevitably tried comparing himself to the once famous mass murderer, pillager, and mercenary pack leader. He wasn't so sure if he could take the man on if the need ever rose to.

"Did you lose something?" The man huffed out rudely aimed at Shimo's direction. The young swordsman just tsked his tongue, he wasn't sure about what was the best course of action for him. He needed Notasa's help but he didn't know how to approach the shocked and afraid young artist and how to get Carnefici by his side as the young lady appeared to hold the man's opinion and advice in high regard.

Slowly the Yuki walked up to the young lady and looked her in the eyes, waiting until the girl raised her head to meet his eyes. "I need the young lady's help. I must insist, we don't have much time in this village and... It's really important," he spoke to Notasa directly. Ninja were taught minimal psychology basics in the Academy, people were always more likely to give a positive answer and help when they were spoken to directly.

Notasa wavered and for a moment wondered if she should go out of her way to help this youth. Shimo took this waver for a sign of interest, "You see we've found this interesting golden sphere in the Wind Country desert, it has ancient symbols on it that are phrased like a musical composition but it has missing notes and pieces that only a skilled composer or a musician could fill in. Your talent in improvisation and composition is without peers, as I've already had my chance to find out. I am sure that you'd be able to help".

Carnefici pushed Shimo away with his broad shoulder, his angry eyes stuck on a strict wrinkled face threatened to burn the boy alive with but a stare.

"Fine, give your sphere to the young lady here and now, she'll give you her consult so you can leave the young lady alone." He hissed.

Shimo stroke the back of his head further messing up his already hectic hairdo. "I don't... Really have it on me right now. My friends have it in one of their bags and... Well... I got separated from them tracking a young woman." He explained shyly realizing how dumb his position sounded.

"The young lady was just attacked by the Syndicate, a criminal group that holds this whole fucking village in their hands and could squish it like a dying sparrow at any point. Every transaction in this village, every person draws breath only because the Boss allows it. The young lady is no longer in the favor of those men and they will come after her again, the safest place for her right now is her own mansion which I've ensured to make into an iron fort. No Audra boned motherfucker will ever step on her backdoor mat without having their ass blown up. That is where the young lady will go and not a single step sideways..." The hulking bodyguard angrily explained to the annoyed Yuki.

Shimo couldn't allow Notasa to get locked inside some mansion. If she did there would be no reaching her for who knew how long and he wouldn't dare to piss Mana off any more by forcing her to wait. If he knew the magician as well as he thought he did, she'd just blame herself for every world war happening during the time she tried to find the damned box and get her chakra control back, something like that will only make his friend spiral down into darkness further and Shimo has already lost one friend to senseless and poisonous grief, the kind that corrupts all and makes comedians bloody their hands and flip their grins upside down.

"She didn't piss anyone off, you did..." Shimo angrily grunted out, a bit louder than he may have wanted to, almost immediately he realized that he was over the line but now that he had committed to a strategy he had to go on, he was in no position to falter. He had to go on the set path until the end of it.