Chapter 14

All a sudden something hit my window. I swirled around and ran over to try and see what it was. As I got there another object hit the window. I saw Lucas readying himself to throw something else, so I quickly threw open my windows and yelled out "Hey Lucas!" He lowered his arm and waved, and I rolled my eyes. "So, is that how your going to make sure I'm not bored? By throwing rocks at my window?"

       He chuckled and called out, "They weren't rocks by the way, and no that's not what I'm going to do. Now step away from your window." I followed his instructions and as soon as I was out of the way a backpack flew through my window. I raised my eyebrow and cautiously retrieved it from the floor. Then I unzipped it and found a rope. What was his idea? Lucas yelled up at me again, "Ok Willow now tie that around something sturdy that can hold my weight." 

       I face palmed and shook my head before yelling back, "Lucas I don't think this is very safe. What if you fall?"

       He replied back, "Then I hurt myself. Oh well. I'm still going to do it."

       "This is kinda high up though," I said, trying to convince him that this wasn't a good idea. He wouldn't listen though and kept insisting that I go ahead and tie it to something. I grabbed my knot tying book off of my shelf and secured the rope around the metal railing for the stairs. Then I made a series of knots down the rope so that he would have something to hold onto. Then I muttered a quick prayer and tossed the end out of my bedroom window. Instead of just standing there at my windowsill watching him climb up the rope, I sat down in my desk chair instead and closed my eyes. 

       I took a deep breath and tried not to get my rapidly beating heart get the best of me. He would be fine. He'd come up to my room without falling, or he'd just chicken out. It would be alright. After a few moments I opened my eyes. So far everything was fine. I hadn't heard a loud thud or agonizing scream, so nothing bad had happened. I shuddered at the thought of something bad happening. 

       Then I walked slowly back to my window, hoping that I wouldn't witness my best friend fall to his death. When I looked out of my window I was surprised. Lucas was climbing up the side of my house easily. Sure, he was athletic and strong, but it looked like he had been climbing up ropes all of his life. I had thought that I would see him struggling, but instead he was gracefully climbing up to my window. I secretly thought that his awesome climbing skills made him seem even more attractive, and a light blush came to my cheeks. 

       Soon enough Lucas was sitting on my windowsill taking deep breaths. I said, "Wow that was amazing, are you alright?"

       Lucas looked at my with a smile on his face before answering, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just haven't dome anything like that in awhile."

       I smirked and asked him, "So is climbing into girl's bedrooms a habit of yours?"

       His eyes went wide for a second, and he hurriedly said "no." Then I laughed and he rolled his eyes at me. 

       "Then how are you so good at the that? I can't even climb over a dumb fence, so I can;t even fathom how you did that so easily."

       "I used to go rock climbing all of the time," he said as an explanation.  Then he got off of my windowsill and collapsed onto my bed. I gave him a suspicious look, and he just replied, "what? I just climbed up the side of your house. I'm exhausted." He then kicked his shoes off and sat Indian style on my bed. Then he patted the spot next to him as a gesture for me to join him. I rolled my eyes and pulled the rope up from the window before joining him. After all that probably would look suspicious to everyone in the neighborhood if they saw it.

       After I cautiously sat next to him he pulled his phone out of his back pocket and opened up an app of some sort. "What are you doing," I asked. 

       "Making you watch Star Wars of course. I know you've never really seen any movies, so these will be your first. Oh and we are going to watch them the correct way, starting with episode four, then stopping and watching one through three. After that we will continue watching number four, and watch five, six, and seven after that."

       "Won't that take forever," I asked. I was excited about watching them because I've heard from my short friendships that they were awesome, but never was allowed to watch them. Mother never liked taking me out to do things like watching movies, and she didn't let me watch television or have any technology. She said it would corrupt my impressionable young mind.

       Lucas pulled me out of my trip down memory lane and the  slow building rage toward my mother by replying, "Yeah, it'll take awhile but it's worth it. We can watch them until your not grounded anymore on your birthday. It'll be fun, I promise." Then we started watching Star Wars on his phone. It wasn't very effective though. The screen was small, and the volume didn't seem to be loud enough. After a few minutes Lucas turned it off.

       "Okay, so tomorrow I will bring something that can play this better. What do you want to do instead?"

       I thought about it for a moment. I really wanted to watch Star Wars because the first few minutes were cool, and I wanted to see more. Then again, it was tough to watch on his phone, so I'd just have to wait. What else could we do for fun? For a moment my eyes met his before glancing at his perfectly kissable lips. My cheeks reddened at the thought of kissing Lucas, so I jumped off the bed and said, "Um lets play a board-game."

       Lucas chuckled at how I had just excitedly jumped off the bed to yell 'let's play a board-game', and I realized how stupid I must have looked. My cheeks were on fire again, but Lucas ignored it, saying "Well what board-game do you have in mind." 

       "Scrabble?" I only ever play it with mother, and it's one of the only things I can beat her at.   

       "Sounds fun. Although I am really bad at spelling," Lucas said. Then the next few hours were spent playing board-games with Lucas and talking about our likes and dislikes. He even talked about how he wanted to go to college and become a detective. Then I told him a dream I had about travelling the world, and he said that maybe he could come see it with me.