Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

          “Oh, here’s something about Cain to talk about.” She rolled her eyes hysterically. “He was drunk yesterday in the pizza stall. I mean, seriously? All he had was cheese!”

          “Yeah, that is pretty weird. Were Ash and Shane there?”

          “Ash was drunk from too much cheese, and Shane…I dunno, but I heard that he left right after Cain threw up on Ash’s bag.” She smirked.

          “That certainly explains why Ash is carrying a plastic bag to school today.” I made a face.

          “Yeah, I know.” She grinned to herself. “But still, Shane has been acting really weird lately.”

          “How weird?” I asked.

          “Well, I’ve spoken to him on the phone last night and he sounded pretty gloomy.” She gave a wry smile as I listened attentively. “Maybe it’s because of the exams, it brings the mood down. But before that, Leslie picked up the phone and we chatted for a while and apparently it wasn’t just me, Leslie thinks that he’s been acting off-character for some time now.”

          “How come?”

          “I dunno.” She shrugged. “But don’t you think it’s weird? The guy’s usually all laid-back and doesn’t give much of a thought to what’s happening around him and suddenly he’s all quiet and tensed.”

          “That is kind of unusual.” I said. “Maybe he’s lovesick.” I pointed out.

          “What?” Zoey looked taken aback. “That’s my line!”

          “Seriously, Zoey? Who cares about that now? People have been saying that he’s been hanging around with a cute girl.”

          “Oh yeah, come to think of it I’ve heard that before too. I think her name was Caroline.” Said Zoey. “So maybe that’s the reason…”

          The bell had rung and we were interrupted by the discipline teacher marching towards our way.

          “Less talking, more moving.” Hissed Zoey as we walk hastily towards our class, watching the busy hallway clearing out.

                                                *        *        *

Drew had texted me during an exam saying that he wants to meet me up after school. Seriously, Drew? He could’ve just come looking for me after the exam. I can’t tell you how angry I am when my phone vibrated in my bag which totally distracted me from the exam. This dude is really forcing me to spat words in his face.

          “What do you want?” I snapped at him impatiently.

          “Whoa, hey, chill.” He said. “What’s with the bad mood? Was the exam really that hard?”

          “No, it wasn’t; but it would’ve been a lot easier if you hadn’t texted which had totally distracted me.” I practically yelled. “Drew, you know better than that. You know how important exams are to me, right? I know that it doesn’t matter to you but it matters to me, and plus, how come you can hold on to your phone during the exam hour?”

          “Oh, simple, I ditched class.”

          “You ditched the exam?!”

          “Yeah, pretty much.” He smiled to himself. “So anyway, I have something to ask you.”

          “What?” I frowned. “What else do you wanna tell me?”

          “Do…you wanna hangout?”

          “What? This is all you can think of on exam week?”

          “Okay, okay, just hear me out.” He said calmly. “I’ve started studying since you’ve told me to. Since it’s so important, so I figured why not we do it together?”

          “What are you saying?”

          “We could study together.”

          “Are you serious?” I asked, feeling a smile spreading across my face.

          “Yeah.” He nodded. “Uh, how’s about later on? I’m free later, not now though.”

          “Yes.” I beamed. “Of course.” I laughed. “Aw, you’re so sweet.” I dived into his arms for a bear hug. I can’t believe he’s changing for me. That’s so sweet of him.

          “Okay. At least it’ll be worth it.” He hugged me back. “I’ll see you later?”

          “Yes, definitely.” I said, still smiling. “Bye.”

          “See ya.” We parted as I skipped happily away. Maybe I was wrong. Drew isn’t such a pain after all. That just goes to show that you’ve gotta give someone a second chance to prove themselves. At least I know that this second chance is worth it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, so again, another notice :P

I'll make it short! For all of you who didn't see the message that I posted earlier, I've created an official discussion on the Share Your Story club, and the discussion is open to everyone, and I'm inviting each and every one of my readers to join!

The title of the discussion is 'My Celebrity Housemate & Unfabulously Pretty - sequel discussion!' Yes, the title gives everything away, it is the official discussion page for every one to spam their ideas about the upcoming sequel that I'm about to write. I'd love to hear from all of you, so please do join! 8D You are very invited!

The link for the discussion is at the comments section below, because apparently by pasting the link here you won't be able to go there directly x)

Thanks guys! Can't wait to hear from you all :D

p.s. you don't have to be a fan to join!

imperfectdreamer.