Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Twenty-Four

Hey guys! :D

sorry for the late update and stuff. I have something to say ): apparently my daily and almost-daily updates are not possible anymore due to all my assesment homework. I guess until I've finished all of my homework and projects, I probably can't make extra time to update and stuff. I'm sorry guys ):

I hope you'll continue reading :) Thanks!

imperfectdreamer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Four

School had ended quickly today. I was kind of tired so I’m just dying to go home now. Oh right, I have to wait for Shane. It bothers me so much just to mention his name.

          I’ve stood around for a minute before Ash showed up. Well, I certainly didn’t see that coming.

          “Hey uh, Taylor.” He greeted.

          “Hi.” I smiled. “Where’s Shane?”

          “Right, about that. He kind of left early today, saying that he wasn’t feeling well.”

          “Oh, really?” I asked carefully.

          “Yeah of course. I’m sure that he wasn’t lying though; he does seem less healthy today. Maybe he’s just tired.” He shrugged casually. “So you’re okay by walking home yourself? He did tell me to ask you if you wanted to lift home.”

          “Nah, no thanks. I’m good.” I grinned stiffly. “Okay, thanks. I’ll see you around.”

          “Yeah, bye.” He said and left.

          So he left early claiming that he’s sick. Well, sure I can buy that. But maybe he’s tired? Yeah he’s tired alright, tired because of constantly going out on dates with a bunch of different girls. Now that’s just wrong and sick.

          Fine, I’ll walk home myself.

-Shane’s P.O.V-

When I woke up it was already five. School is over now, Taylor is probably home.

          I sat upright and felt groggy and giddy. I should’ve slept longer when I’ve got the chance. I feel kind of bad leaving without telling Taylor in person. She’s probably going to misunderstand because she’s the best at that, always assuming things.

          Honestly I don’t know what came over me. I was feeling fine this morning but all of the sudden I just wanted to pass out. My memory of this morning is kind of vague, what did happen actually?

          Well, I overheard Taylor and Drew talking, and if I have not mistaken, they were talking about me, and Zoey and Faith were also included. Now, why would Taylor bring that up? And all of the sudden, I needed a break so here I am.

          I’m kind of glad that that happened because I don’t want to eavesdrop of conversations that I don’t want to know. Sure, it’ll pique my curiosity, but I don’t trust my next move after I know it. I might hold a grudge against someone and things will turn out pretty ugly.

          I’d checked my phone and found that I have one missed call from Taylor. At least this shows that she’s home now.

          “Oh, you called back.” She said.

          “I always do.”

          “Yeah, but I thought that you’d be busy.” Said Taylor.

          “What? Since when am I busy on weekdays?”

          “Oh, I don’t know, ever since you’ve started dating.” She said a little louder this time.

          “Hey, it was just once, I thought we’ve been through this before.” I sighed. “It’s not like I wanted to, anyway.”

          “Don’t lie to me, Shane.” She huffed. “I know that you’ve been dating multiple girls. That’s probably why you left school early, right? So you could date.”

          “Hey wait, pause.” I said, slightly terrified of being accused so suddenly. “I left school early because I wasn’t feeling well, and I was sleeping my heads off for the pass four hours. And if you must know, I haven’t had lunch and I’m not even hungry.”

          “Oh, nice excuse, Shane.”

          “It’s not an excuse, Taylor, it’s the truth.” I frowned. “This was what you talked to Drew about, wasn’t it?”

          “How’d you know that I was talking to him? Were you spying on me?!”

          “Heck, not even Eugene would do that.”

          “Then how on earth did you know? Did you send your secret girlfriend to eavesdrop?”

          “Would you just shut up about this whole dating thing?” I said, completely irritated. “Look, I really don’t know what on earth Drew told you, but whatever load of crap he’d told you isn’t true at all. I was really sick, I wasn’t dating and I don’t have a secret girlfriend.”

          “Would you stop blabbering about Drew? He’s a fine guy, and I know that you have a problem with him and only you know what it’s about.” She snapped.

          “I don’t have a problem with Drew. It’s you who have a problem with me.” I corrected. “You’re just not making sense.”

          “Oh, and are you?” she said curtly. “I know that you’re taking advantage of your looks, Shane. You know how angry girls can get when they find out that a guy is messing with her.”

          “I am not dating.” I said patiently. “Listen, I’m really not in the mood to argue with you…”

          “Why? Because you’re late for a date with a girl?”

          “No. For the last time, I am not dating. You should go talk to Drew now; talking to me will just make your day worse. Go talk to someone who’ll make your day. Now if you’ll excuse me I’ve got to go.” I hung up without arguing further and sighed frustratingly.

          Yeah, it’s true though, Drew is the apple of her eye now, and I’m probably just some load of crap to her. Okay, maybe I was jealous of Drew, my conscience was being brutally honest with me, but I’m not anymore. Sure, Taylor can be friends with anyone she likes, and she can date whoever, too. I guess I was just concerned because Drew doesn’t seem dependable. But seeing how important he is to her now, I guess its best that he replaces me until we sort things out.

          Now I am just freaking, tired.