Unfabulously Pretty: Prologue

Hello :D

This is my already-completed story which I wrote last year, which is also the second story that I'm posting on wattpad. Feel free to read my other story if you want :) It's my first day here and I'm a little nervous :S

I hope you'll enjoy reading. Give me some feedback would you? :) Thanks for reading!

Updated Authors Note: This story was written when I was 13 and 14, so I apologize in advace for any possible flaws! I do want to mention that I won't be changing or editing this piece of work anymore as I wouldn't want to replace my past imaginations with new ones; some old things are meant to exist and live a lifetme :) Thanks for understanding!

imperfectdreamer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

Students lined up one after another, waiting impatiently for their turn to get it over with.

          It was one of those days, students had got their hair tied up neatly and had put on clean uniforms, all just for one purpose – picture day. Yes, of course, who wouldn’t want to look good and stunning in pictures? Anyway, pictures do last longer.

          “Next!” the camera man barked curtly.

          The little girl hopped onto the tall chair and sat on it, trying to cross her round and short legs. It felt like forever to finally see her settle down firmly, and the students were really getting a little under the weather.

          “Look, its nerd-face!” a mischievous small boy shouted blatantly, sending mocking laughter from the crowd.

          The little girl didn’t know what to say. She felt humiliated, or was it more than that? She was so young; she didn’t dare to lift her head up, let alone defend herself.

          “Little girl, I’m trying to take your picture here. Now would you please cooperate and lift your giant head higher so I could get this lousy day over with?” The man groaned.

          She lifted her head slowly and dragged her eyelids apart as her dorky glasses went lopsided, nearly falling onto the ground.

          “Gosh, could she be any slower?” she heard a woman complained directly behind her.

          “Smile!” the man forced a crooked smile as he reaches for the button. The little girl smiled, revealing those imperfect rows of teeth she had which was visible even when she kept her mouth closed. “Good. Next!”

          She hopped off the chair clumsily, nearly sending her crashing onto the unforgiving ground.

          “Dork!” the others spat at her as she struggles to run away from the crowd.

          She ran as far as she could, covering her face not caring which direction she’s heading. That day, there was only one thing that she learned from school: The world is cruel. But of course, everybody knew that.