Unfabulously Pretty: Chapter Twenty-Three

Hey guys! :D

Thanks for reading! Please vote if you enjoyed :) Hope you guys like it!

imperfectdreamer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Three

-Shane’s P.O.V-

It was the period before recess and the teacher is, well, boring. I had spent like forty minutes there sleeping with my eyes open, and sure enough nobody noticed especially Ash who happens to be doing the same thing.

          “Now, all of you look like you’re sleeping!” our homeroom teacher Mr. Tee snapped at all of us. Well, looks like I’m not the only one. “Pop quiz!”

          “Shoot.” Ash swore. “Shane, were you listening?”

          “Nope.” I said airily.

          “Ashton, you look completely uninterested. Tell me, what flatlands in California lies between the Sierra Nevada and the Coast Range?” Mr. Tee questioned professionally as the others starts whispering and asking for answers.

          “Aw man, he knows that I’m really bad at this!” hissed Ash. “Uh…”

          “Don’t ‘uh’ me, just spit it out.” Said Mr. Tee curtly.

          “I think it’s the Death Valley.” I muttered to myself.

          “Really?” Ash looked at me with interest. “What he said.” He pointed at me clumsily.

          “Sit down, Ashton.” He demanded. “If I catch you spacing out one more time you’ll be in hot water.”

          Mr. Tee continues his lecture and a few of the students are listening to him intently. Heck, I don’t even know what I just said. I must be talking in my sleep.

          “How’d you know that?” asked Ash.

          “I don’t.” I shrugged. “It came out from no where.”

          “Oh, real convincing.” He rolled his eyes. “But thanks man, you saved my butt.”

          “If only you didn’t put it that way…”

          When the bell rang everybody looked relief, even the teacher himself looked like he was about to drop dead. Ash and I had been one of the first to leave the class and Ash looked psyched.

          “Good. I don’t want to see his face again.” He sulked. “Anyway, I’m getting heated up for lunch. What’re you having?”

          “Nothing.” I yawned. “I’m just not hungry.”

          “What?”

          “Not hungry.” I repeated.

          “That’s a first.” He raised his eyebrows. “But I’m still getting myself something, are you coming?”

          “Guess not.” I sighed. “You go ahead with Cain, I’ll just head somewhere else.”

          “Oh, okay then.” He frowned. “I’ll see you later.”

          “Yeah.” I murmured and left.

-Taylor’s P.O.V-