Chapter Eight

Zayn waited patiently for Amalthea outside her room it's been a week since she's been hospitalized and today was the day she'd go home with him. He'd been a nerves wreck, unable to sleep but the thought of the love of his life being with her was worth it. The door slowly opened revealing his heart. She was dressed in an oversized sweat shirt and over side jeans, her hair of brown curly curtains on her face. She held a ruffled bag with her.

Zayn approached her with cautious steps, when he was face to face with her, he brushed her hair back to see those memorizing green eyes she'd always hide.

"Ready." He whispered in which she nodded, he took her bag and walked down with her to his car. Her mind was a field of confusion. She didn't know what feelings she held for Zayn, he was a new thing in her life and her living with him caused an unknown emotion to brew in her.

They drove in comfortable silence as she was looking towards her window, Zayn didn't mind she was quit at least she was responsive. They pulled through the drive way towards his house. Amalthea looked at it in awe as it looked like it was pulled from a magazine. He opened the door for her and she took the first steps to the door, her mind quickly flashing to the days she'd all ways come home late. Her hand retracted and her small form started shaking. Zayn quickly wrapped his arms towards her and she visibly relaxed coming back to the real world. He outstretched his hand and opened the door for her. The house was large with a lot of spaces. The walls were painted cream and the marble tiles where a mixture of green and silver. Family pictures were on the walls and a staircase on the left.

"Welcome home, in a way." He mumbled brushing his back hair. Amalthea took more steps as she found herself inchanted by the house. Her smooth yet soft hands caressing the walls as if she were trying to memorize it. Her eyes immediately closed. Zayn just looked at her, she was a angel among men, a diamond among silver. She was so innoced t yet so broken. She her eyes finally opened she gave a small smile.

"Wheres my room." She asked her voice sounding more like a whisper. Zayn held her hand and walked her up the stairs, they walked past a hall way to the second door on her right, next to it was another door.

"This is your room, I'll be next door." She nodded when Zayn opens her door. The room was quite spacious with baby blue walls and cream carpets, a queensize with green covers and a closet at the far ened. She walked in cearesing the material before muttering a quick thank you. Zayn nodded and left her. She quickly unpacked the small clothing items she had. Neatly backing them in the large closet. Her books and other essentials were already there so it didn't take long for her to finish.

She laied on the soft comfy bed and sighed in contempt, but the question that always rose was what did he want from her. Nothing ever good came from people's kindness, they always seemed to want something in return and those things were things she couldn't do.

A knock on the door inturepted her raising thoughts. She got up and opened it to find Zayns warm smile. "Dinners ready."

"Ok." Was all she said before following him downstairs, his father standing towards the table, a pizza box on it. She looked towards them and thought non of these men could cook. She remained silent and took a seat near Zayn. "Hey Amalthea, this is my dad, dad meet Amalthea Steele." She took his large hand and shook it.

"Nice to meet you." She  murmurs, he gave her a charming smile.

"I hope you like your stay here." He spoke, it made her heart flatter a bit. They sat down and began eating. "So Amalthea, were are your parents?" Jonathon asked making her stop slicing. Zayn muttered a curse as she watched Amalthea.

"Mom died, dad in a psychiatric ward." She shrugged continuing to eat. Jonathan looked at the girl puzzled while, Zayn just looked shocked.

"I'm sorry to hear that." He spoke.